Thai grilled lemongrass chicken
This home-made recipe will have your kids asking for a second helping. Read on to get the full recipe!
2 pcs lemongrass ~ thinly sliced
4-6 coriander/cilantro stems
2-4 thai chillies or bird’s eye
1 tsp white peppercorns seed
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp palm sugar/light brown sugar
6-8 pcs chicken thighs ~ deboned & scored lightly
- Use a mortar & pestle; make a coarse paste with the lemongrass, coriander stems, chillies & peppercorn seeds.
- Mix in the fish sauce & palm sugar until dissolves.
- Coat the chicken with the spice paste & then marinate, refrigerate for atleast 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat the grill oven to 200 deg C & bake for 25 mins or till cook.
- Serve with Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce for dipping
Recipe from Hani Campbell
I stopped working since 2004 when I had my 1st baby girl and now I’m a full time mother to 4 beautiful young children, aged between 2yrs – 8 yrs old and a stage mom to my 3 daughters as a young talent. I’ve to juggle my life between wife & mother to my family. My husband, an American, loves to cook dinner for his family. I began to cook right after my son’s birth (2006).
As my children grew, their taste for food began to change. My husband & I decided that we should feed our children Asian food. We wanted our children to learn more about the Asian Culture and the different kind of foods. When comes to Asian food, it’s my turn to cook lunch/dinner for my family. My children love to eat & they inspire me.
Other recipes that may interest you