Chrissy Teigen has a fussy toddler and here is how she handles her daughter's food cravings
If you can't beat them, join them!
Chrissy Teigen and John Legend are great role models as parents. In fact, parents worldwide are even considering naming their children in 2019 after the power couple! But that doesn’t mean Chrissy can avoid the fussy ea1ting habits that her child has! As she shared on her Instagram, she shows a unique and fun way to meet Luna’s, her 2 and a half-year-old daughter, food cravings! She comes up with the ultimate hack to picky eater toddler meals!
Chrissy Teigan’s guide to picky eater toddler meals
Instead of tearing our hair out as many parents would, Chrissy decided to get creative. So to keep all parties sane, she’s made a menu as you’d find in a restaurant. And inside, Luna can see the “Lunable” worthy options!
Chrissy gives us a whirlwind tour in a video with the caption “Trying to get Luna to eat by being psychotic.” And we have to say, we’re slightly jealous at the choices available!
The items are presented in a genius fashion worthy of being featured in Michelin star menus! The choices available are Cereal with Bananas, Chicken Tenders and Crispy Fish Sticks, Chicken Spaghetti, Grilled Cheese, Chicken Spaghetti, and Cheese Quesadilla.
Chrissy turned this amusing take on meeting Luna’s food cravings into a creative opportunity for Luna to learn! The menu is full of colourful pictures, dish names and ingredient descriptions. And there are even prices to go along with the dishes (we hope Luna can afford her luxurious lifestyle!)
Parents around the world reacted really positively to the faux-fine-dining menu.
What other alternatives to picky eater toddler meals can I try?
However, this method of creating a menu full of picky eater toddler meals may not be suitable for all children! Which is okay, as every child is unique. If you’re at your wits’ end and you don’t know how to cope with the changing taste buds, here are some suggestions you can implement.
- Keep a food journal. Document what the child eats every day, and tally it with the recommended calorie intake and portion requirements.
- Make food look, smell, and taste good! Babies become more receptive to colourful foods as they grow up. So mix and match the carrots and the greens.
- Document favourite foods. Your child must relish some foods while absolutely loathe others. Have you tried giving them adult food? Many times, they just love the grown-up food as it is seasoned. Their sense of taste is improving, so expose him to some basic seasonings like salt, garlic, some herbs. You might just be surprised!
- Switch to chunky food early. Many babies love purees. But if you continue giving them blended food, it will be difficult for you to transition them to adult food. It is recommended that they have some by the time he turns 1. The best way to transition is to start with your child’s favourite food diced into small bite-sized pieces. Ensure that it is not a choking hazard.
- Narrow down on a seasoning. Toddlers have a keen sense of taste. They might just like a particular seasoning and you can use that to make food more appealing to the baby.
- Offer adequate water. Sometimes, the baby refuses to eat when it is thirsty. But the water requirement is different for different ages. So research how much your baby needs and offer sips of water in case he stops eating.
The latest update on Chrissy’s Twitter showed that Luna totally bought into the idea of the menu full of picky eater toddler meals, even paying for her meals!