Favourite soup recipe for kids
Who has got the time to slave over a hot stove? With our busy schedules, cooking a tasty and healthy meal is out of the picture. Or is it? Here's a great alternative that's nutritious, delicious, quick and easy to make.
This is one of my family's favourite recipe My kids absolutely love this chicken soup. It's healthy, quick and easy to make. Best of all, the kids eat everything, including the vegetables. You can introduce this soup to your kids as young as 18 months. Just make sure you strain out the bits that cannot be chewed or swallowed. You can even experiment with different vegetables and see what works for your family.
If you are having a particularly busy day and have NO time to cook, just boil the soup with the chicken bones (about 20 mins), then toss everything into the slow cooker and let it do the job. When you return home 6 hours later, you'll be greeted with the sweet aroma of chicken soup. Serve it with macaroni or rice and you have a ready meal.
Head on to the next page to learn how to make some delicious soups!
What you need:
- 500ml of water / chicken broth
- chicken bones*
- vegetables like carrots, celery, sweet corn
- onion chopped or sliced
- minced chicken or breast meat
- marinate with light soy sauce
- 1tsp corn starch
What you do:
- Marinate the minced chicken or breast meat in the beginning with light soy sauce and corn starch. Let it rest.
- Bring the water or soup to a boil
- Add the chicken bones, and bring it to boil for about 20 minutes
- Diced the vegetables into smaller pieces
- Add the vegetables into the mixture (the onion and sweet corn contributes to the tastiness of the soup)
- Let it simmer for another 20 minutes or so.
- Cook the macaroni, rice or ABC pasta that you kids prefer
- Ready to serve
Other easy to cook menus:
2. Corn Soup