Bake these easy cream cheese muffins with your child
Enjoy some home-baked goodness with this cream cheese muffin recipe.
2 cups (190g) plain flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoons salt
4 ounces (113.3g) cream cheese
1/2 cup (112.5g) caster sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 stick (113.4g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup (158ml) milk (whole, low-fat or nonfat) – I used low-fat
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until uniform. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes, or until smooth and light. Beat in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then beat in butter, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly pour in the milk. Beat 1 minute or until creamy and smooth (my mixture curdled, but it is okay).
- Stir this into the prepared flour mixture with a wooden spoon until moistened.
- Fill in the liners until three-quarters full. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the centre of one muffin comes out clean.
- Set the pan on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes before transferring the muffins onto the rack to cool completely.