Husband abducts biological daughter to threaten wife into prostitution

Husband abducts biological daughter to threaten wife into prostitution

Saying that this is an unforgivable act is an understatement.

Stories of violence against women happen all over the globe, including our home here in Asia. Cases of rape and even murder shock and horrify us. Usually in such cases, the male perpetrator is a stranger. However, according to a Psychology Today article, parental child abduction cases are far more common. Here’s one recent shocking story of how a husband used extreme ends to force his wife into becoming a sex worker.

Man forces wife to become sex worker by abducting biological daughter

Recently, one man in India reportedly abducted his biological daughter to threaten his wife into becoming a prostitute.

The wife, Baz Gulla, lodged a complaint at her local police station, which describes how her husband Khadim, had abducted their six-year-old daughter. This was after Baz refused to agree to her husband’s demand that she work as a prostitute.

Furthermore, she explained that her husband was cheating on her with another woman. According to Baz, he went so far as to use up “all the money I’d bring from my mother for the house” for his lover.

Baz told the police her husband was pressurising her into working as a sex worker — a request she has denied over and over again. 

Angered by his wife standing up for herself and going against his wishes, Khadim did the unthinkable.

He brought his brother and friend (pinpointed as Inam and Humayun, respectively) into their house. Then, they abducted Khadim’s daughter. The girl is reportedly still missing. 

The police have recorded a case against the perpetrators. Presently, investigations are still ongoing.

parental child abduction cases

Parental child abduction cases can have a devastating impact on the child of both parents. | Image Source: Stock Photo

Parental child abduction cases: What to do next

Parents, should you ever find yourself ever suffering from a similar situation like one of the many parental child abduction cases above, it helps to report the matter to Singapore Central Authority (SCA).

The SCA works with other Central Authorities to help facilitate applications for the return of children who have been taken to or from Singapore without permission of the parent who has custody rights.

If you are worried that your partner might try to abduct your child and possibly try to bring them out of the country, it is important that you engage a qualified lawyer to give you legal advice.

But the SCA also advises you apply to the Court to issue an injunction restraining your partner from taking your child out of Singapore.

If your child has been removed to or retained in Singapore, SCA can assist in facilitating and giving information on:

  • The location and voluntary return of your child
  • The care and protection of the child (if necessary)
  • How to apply to the Family Court
  • Legal aid
  • Services for counselling and emotional support

However, parental child abduction is not considered a criminal issue in Singapore but is viewed as a civil matter.

What to do if you are being emotionally abused by your husband

In this case, the wife had experienced emotional abuse. Emotional abuse is any type of nonphysical behaviour that hurts another persons feelings and makes them feel that they’re less of a person. Here are some tips to help you handle an emotionally abusive husband:

  • Be honest to yourself and accept that you’re a victim of emotional abuse. Being aware that you’re a victim of abuse will help you to find a solution in order to stop being a victim.
  • Seek professional help if you’re suffering from emotional abuse. It’s not always something that you can deal with alone, so you will need the help of someone who would be able to help  you with therapy so that you can start the healing process.
    • Here are good places to start if you need advice due to a toxic relationship:

      • Association of Women, Action and Research Helpline (AWARE) Helpline – 1800 777 5555 (Mon–Fri, 3 pm– 9.30 pm)
      • Family Service Centres (FSCs): There are 47 FSCs in Singapore. Please call ComCare on 1800 222 0000 to be connected to the nearest centre.
  • Having a support group is also very important. These are people whom you trust, and who will support you while you try to heal from the emotional abuse that you’ve suffered in your marriage.

Suspect something isn’t right, even without physical abuse? Check out the signs of emotional abuse here, or what you can do about it here. Read on more about how to seek help after domestic abuse here.


Also Read:

Kidnapped boy escapes and walks for 3 days without food or water

CCTV footage shows how terrifyingly easy it is to kidnap children

11 subtle signs you’re in an abusive relationship

When children become victims of marital war

How can you deal with an emotionally abusive husband?


Got a parenting concern? Read articles or ask away and get instant answers on our app. Download theAsianparent Community on iOS or Android now!

app info
get app banner