Goldfish egg carton craft
Hana Loh shows you how to transform an ordinary egg carton into a beautiful art and craft project with your child
Making crafts with common household items and “trash” is a great way to introduce young children to the idea of reducing, recycling and reusing. Here we learn how to make a goldfish egg carton craft.
Materials needed for Goldfish egg carton craft:
- cardboard egg carton
- tissue paper or crepe paper (scraps)
- plastic eyes
- orange paint
- glitter glue
- Cut out and trim one egg-carton cup for each fish you want to make.
- Paint one or two layers of white paint on it so that the colours would be more vibrant.
- Paint the egg-carton cup and leave it to dry.
- Paint a layer of glitter glue onto the cup to make it harder, leave it to dry completely.
- Meanwhile, cut out some fins from tissue paper and crepe paper and stick them to the inside of the cup.
- Stick on the plastic eyes and draw a mouth with a marker.
- Ask the egg sellers at your nearest wet market nicely for free egg cartons.
Visit page two for the rest of the pictures and steps