Butternut squash with puy lentil for babies
Babies love the sweet and nutty flavor of butternut squash, pair that with spices and its wonderfully aromatic! Try this easy recipe and your bub will adore you for it. Recipe suitable for babies 9 months onwards.
Serves 2 portions, perfect from 9 months onwards:
1 cup peeled and chopped butternut squash
4 tablespoons puy lentils
1 cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
pinch of turmeric
1. In a tablespoon of oil, add a cinnamon stick.
2. Once it starts to sizzle add the butternut squash and coat completely.
3. Now add the puy lentils, cumin and turmeric powder.
4. Add 2 of cups of water, and simmer on medium heat with the lid on.
5. 25 mins later your lentils will be cooked and the squash will be very soft. Use a masher to break it down slightly, else blend with 3-4 tablespoons of water and serve.
Recipe by Kim Wilshaw
This mummy started creating her own recipes after she started weaning her children. It all came about after becoming a full time mum. She was unable to find any cookbooks that used spices. With an Indian background, she wanted her children to understand spices from the beginning but also appreciate all other world cuisines. Check out her blog at www.feedingindianbaby.blogspot.com
Other articles that may interest you: