When your baby starts solids, you look for delicious and nutritious foods. Fish is an ideal food to incorporate in to a baby food recipe. It is tasty and nutritious and when cooked properly, is bound to be a firm favourite.
That’s why we bring you this very yummy baby food recipe that uses fish: Thai fish in coconut milk. This dish is pure comfort food, you may serve this dish with overcooked rice or soft noodles.
Serves two portions, perfect from nine months onwards.
Baby food recipe — Thai fish in coconut milk
Ingredients for Thai fish in coconut milk recipe for babies
1/2 fillet of white fish
1 garlic pod
1/3 can of coconut milk (400ml)
3 sprigs of chopped coriander leaves
Method for Thai fish in coconut milk recipe for babies:
1. Wash and score the fish in a criss-cross manner. This will allow the coconut milk to seep into the fish.
2. Pat dry and season with black pepper.
3. In a pan, fry minced garlic in a teaspoon of oil.
4. Once brown, add the coconut milk and when it starts to boil, turn on low heat and add your fish.
5. Add the chopped coriander and put the lid on for 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked completely. Test with a fork.
6. Mash with a fork else blend and serve.
Recipe by Kim Wilshaw
This mummy started creating her own recipes after she started weaning her children. It all came about after becoming a full time mum. She was unable to find any cookbooks that used spices. With an Indian background, she wanted her children to understand spices from the beginning but also appreciate all other world cuisines. Check out her blog at www.feedingindianbaby.blogspot.com