While there are many benefits to breastfeeding, breastfeeding mothers do not have it easy. But breastfeeding mothers have our utmost respect so here are 10 cool quotes for breastfeeding to thank you for the hard work and effort you have done.
1. “Mother’s milk, time-tested for millions of years, is the best nutrient for babies because it is nature’s perfect food”
– Robert S. Mendelsohn
Mendelsohn was an American pediatrician with a wide range of experience, having appeared in over 500 television and radio talk shows. While there may be a little exaggeration in the quote, he certainly knows what he is talking about!
2. Why buy the cow when you get mama’s milk for free?
The cost of raising a baby in Singapore is definitely not cheap. You definitely save some when you do not have to go to the nearby NTUC for milk and get it straight from yourself. Take the money and use it to get other essentials for your baby!
3. Mommy’s milk is better than any udder milk!
This “pun-ny” statement certainly re-affirms the belief we all hold about breastfeeding. After all, we know that mums are just awesome and breastfeeding do hold tons of benefits for both mum and child.
4. “Bottles fill his stomach, but breastfeeding fills his soul”
― Diane Wiessinger
Child-bearing concerns more than the physical needs of your child. Do not skimp on your children’s social development and let your children get a head-start in their growth.
5. While breastfeeding may not seem the right choice for every parent, it is the best choice for every baby”
– Amy Spangler
Breastfeeding is an act wrought with discomfort for the mum, but persevere on and provide only the best for your baby.
6. “My opinion is that anybody offended by breastfeeding is staring too hard”
– David Allen
Breastfeeding in public is bound to get your some stares and odd glances. Regardless of other’s reaction, know that you do not stand alone and that what you are doing is definitely a good thing.
7. “Countless women have regained trust in their bodies through nursing their children, even if they weren’t sure at first that they could do it. It is an act of female power, and I think of it as feminism in its purest form.”
– Christiane Northrup
Breastfeeding is not an act just for your baby, do it for yourself too.
8. “Babies were born to be breastfed!”
– U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
The United States government may have its ups and downs but we are sure this is a smart piece of advice.
9. “Imagine that the world had created a new ‘dream product’ to feed and immunize everyone born on earth. Imagine also that it was available everywhere, required no storage or delivery, and helped mothers plan their families and reduce the risk of cancer. Then imagine that the world refused to use it.”
– Frank Oski
Breast milk is certainly a ‘dream product’ with so many proven benefits. Do not neglect it and keep on doing it, you awesome mums.
10. “People say, ‘You’re still breast-feeding, that’s so generous.’ Generous, no! It gives me boobs and it takes my thighs away! It’s sort of like natural liposuction. I’d carry on breast-feeding for the rest of my life if I could.”
– Helena Bonham Carter
There are definitely some perks to breastfeeding, why not take advantage of them.
We hope that you enjoyed our list of cool quotes for breastfeeding.