Local actor and former Campus SuperStar contestant Xu Bin and his wife have welcomed their second child to the world.
On March 12, the 32-year-old uploaded to Instagram photos of him holding his newborn daughter, as well as another photo of his wife Evelyn Wang and their two kids. The couple also have a two-year-old son.
Image source: Instagram / xubin_
Xu Bin wrote on his post: “I want to share some good news with everyone. We have added a new member, a daughter, to our family. It’s not easy carrying a child for 10 months, and both mother and daughter are healthy. Thank you to all my friends for your blessings.
“My anxious heart has finally settled down. We went to the hospital happily, entered the delivery room nervously, and now both mother and child are healthy. It felt like my emotions went through a roller coaster. To my wife, it’s been tough on you. My dear daughter, welcome to this world.”
Many of his celebrity friends sent their congratulations, with veteran actor Zhu Houren — who plays Xu Bin’s father in the recent Chinese TV drama My Star Bride — writing: “When you told me the news that day, I couldn’t hold back my happiness for you. Now, I see you carrying your little angel and smiling contently. This is blessed happiness.”
View this post on Instagram
Congratulations to the happy couple!
Now, if you are also on the same journey and expecting your bub anytime, there are a few things you may want to note.
What To Expect When You Bring Home A Newborn Baby
You may already have prepared all your newborn essentials at home, but there are several things about your new addition to the family that you should know about.
Here are a few unusual newborn baby changes or worries that not a lot of people will tell you:
Image source: iStock
1. Your baby may poop after every single feeding. There are cases where your newborn baby will poop after every feed which fairly common. This is especially normal for breastfed newborns since breastmilk can be quickly digested.
2. Don’t worry about hiccups! Hiccupping is totally normal when it comes to babies and you’ll be happy to know that they are often harmless as well as are spontaneously resolved. Since it is usually caused when your baby feeds too much or too fast, you can help avoid hiccups by feeding them at a moderate pace.
3. While some babies poop after every feed, there are also newborns that poop every week or two. This is because some breastfed babies can go on for days without signs of bowel movements. Dr Chan Poh Chong, Head & Senior Consultant, Division of General Ambulatory Paediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, National University Hospital, tells us, “As long as the poo is soft, and the baby has no problem feeding and looks okay while pooping, it is fine.”
4. You may find your baby having breath-holding spells. These are when your baby holds their breath while crying for up to a minute and while it may be concerning, most children grow out of it by the time they are 2 or 3-years-old.
5. Baby girl ‘periods.’ Yes, you read that right. Some newborn baby girls may release milky discharge from their vagina after two days of birth and there are instances where you’ll find blood.
Dr Chan explains, “It is commonly seen during the 1st week as the infant girl’s oestrogen level from her mother drops after birth and a ‘mini-withdrawal’ bleed occurs.” So you should only worry if the bleeding persists but it is usually resolved within 2 to 3 days.
This article was first published on AsiaOne and republished on theAsianparent with permission.
Lead image source from Instagram / __evvelyn.
With inputs from Jaya.
Actor Xu Bin Becomes A Father, ‘Thank you for giving me this happy little family!’
Xu Bin Gets Married And Makes The Most Touching Vow!