As far as weight loss reward ideas go, this Taiwanese husband went all out! He promised his wife an actual diamond ring if she successfully loses weight.
On 3 January, the man shared a Facebook post on how his wife’s weight loss journey, which garnered the attention of many awed netizens.
Best Weight Loss Reward Ideas? How About A Diamond Ring!
Image source: iStock
China Press reported how the wife’s weight loss journey began when her husband asked if she could lose weight for him for his birthday.
“Two years ago, my wife asked me what do I want for my birthday, I initially answered ‘nothing,’ but eventually I said ‘Why not you try to lose weight for me once in this lifetime?'” the husband wrote in his post, reported by World of Buzz.
He continued to share how he even offered her a 1-carat diamond ring if she managed to lose 55 kg. Sure enough, two years later his wife lost not only 55 kg, but a total of 75 kg!
The husband then took to Facebook to share how proud he is of his wife. He uploaded a before and after picture of his wife and captioned it with, “Queen mother, you did it.”
Image source: China Press
After successfully losing weight, the man kept his promise to give her the diamond ring on her own birthday.
With the wife’s weight loss story, many people online have applauded her for her amazing job in losing 75kg of weight. There were also netizens that found it impressive how she did it in just two years.
5 Tips For Losing Weight While Staying Healthy
Image source: iStock
While we know how motivating a 1-carat diamond sounds for you to lose weight, your health should always come first. Planning out the right diet and exercise routine for yourself does take time so don’t be pressured when you’re not losing weight quickly.
Aside from thinking of weight loss reward ideas to motivate you, here are five tips for losing weight that may help:
1. Reach out to a nutritionist. Consulting with a qualified nutritionist can help you determine the best diet for your body. They could also advise you on the best food alternatives that could give you the same mineral and nutritional values.
2. Have a regular workout routine. Whether you prefer exercising at home or the gym, create a routine that works for you and your body.
3. Don’t forget about protein. Increasing your protein intake is important as your body burns off excess fat during physical training. Having a handy protein bar in your pocket could help plenty during your workout routine.
4. Water is still your best friend. Whether you’re looking to quench your thirst while exercising or just having a meal, go ahead and have a glass of water when you can.
5. Stay positive! Emotional triggers such as stress, depression and anxiety can lead to unhealthy binge eating. Avoid stressing yourself out too much and take time to relax every once in a while.
Lead image source from China Press.
With reports from Olivia Jones.
Source: World of Buzz
Keto Diet Weight Loss Tips From A PE Teacher Who Dropped 20kg in 2 Years
5 ‘Healthy’ Habits That Could Be Sabotaging Your Weight Loss