Watch: Easy tips to clean your infant's tongue at home
Tongue cleaning prevents toxins from being absorbed by the body which in turn will boost the immunity system of your child
Tongue cleaning is a very important ritual for a newborn as when babies drink milk, it leaves white stains on the the tongue. These white stains can become a breeding ground for bacteria and can also harm your baby’s health. This is why it is important that you clean infant's tongue once every 3-4 days.
Benefits of tongue cleaning of your baby:
- Tongue cleaning prevents toxins from being absorbed by the body which in turn will boost the immunity system of your child.
- Practicing this healthy habit in your child right from their infant years will promote the dental health of your child and will also prevent bad breath.
- Foods leave bacteria on the tongue which can be harmful to your child's health. Tongue cleaning helps in the elimination of such bacteria.
- Tongue cleaning also improves the taste buds. This way your child will experience better flavours of food.
However, parents have to be extremely careful while cleaning their baby’s tongue.
How to do it:
- Put on hand gloves made of a soft cloth or a towel-like material.
- Delicately open the child’s mouth and with the glove rub his/her tongue until it is clean.
- Try to keep your child distracted to prevent them from crying.
Here is a video that will guide you on how to clean your child's tongue: