Jaine had left her son, 17-month old Lorenzo, for just a moment while he was playing in the garden with their dog. When she came to check on 17-month old Lorenzo, he was no longer there.
She checked his room and there he was, with blood on his hands and a venomous snake between his teeth.
Panciked, Figueira called out for her husband and they rushed little Lorenzo to the nearest hospital.
Fearing that Lorenzo might have been bitten by the venomous snake, they were surprised to find that it was Lorenzo who had bitten the snake to death.
In an interview with the International Business Times, the doctor said, “He bit the young jararaca close to its head, which immobilized it and prevented it from biting him. The boy was very shaken up. I think it was a self-defense instinct that kicked in, or he thought it was a toy.”
Share your thoughts on this article by leaving a comment below.