The Art of Communicating with Your Child, By David Chiem & Brian Caswell
Price: $25.68 (w/o GST)
Availability: POPULAR Bookstore
Published by: Marshall Cavendish Editions
ISBN: 978 981 261 641 8
Recommended for: Parents and teachers
We all know that talking to our kids is important, but exactly how do we have an effective conversation with our child or charge? Unsure? Well, grab this book to find out.
The sequel to best-selling Deeper than the Ocean, The Art of Communicating with Your Child is divided succinctly into three parts.
Part one: The Mindset Environment: How to create the environment that nurtures a champion mindset in children.
Part two: How to create the ‘Communication’ Habit’, which basically offers adult-child communication strategies.
Part three: How to create an emotionally balanced environment, which teaches you how to abolish anger, banishing blame, refining responsibility while seeking solutions.
What We Liked Best:
1) The manner in which each point is divided in each chapter. It teaches you in simple and exact steps on how to start communicating effectively.
2) The diagrams and simplistic style the book is written in.
3) Exercises at the end of each part that allows the reader to apply what was read.
What We Didn’t Like:
1) The odd size of the book, which is slightly bigger than the average paperback book.
2) The lack of coloured illustrations and photographs which made the book a little dull to read from front to back.
We give it 3.5/5 stars for the informative examples and exercises
Like what you read? Facebook it!
Also read: In Full Bloom book review