Smoked salmon quiche recipe courtesy of Artisan Boulangerie Co.
You just have to try this smoked salmon quiche recipe courtesy of Artisan Boulangerie Co. — you totally won't regret doing so, we promise!
The smoked salmon quiche at Artisan Boulangerie Co. (or ABC, as it says in their logo) has to be the most delicious quiche I have ever eaten! Crisp, buttery, crumbly shortcrust pastry encases a luscious interior of creamy, smoked salmon-y goodness spiked with the herby flavour of dill.
We tasted the smoked salmon quiche together with abc’s goat cheese and spinach quiche, and they were both to die for.
A quiche is a great food choice for kids as well. It could be a meal by itself and there are many choices of fillings you can try. Roast chicken, bacon and leek, and spinach and feta are some of my kids’ favourites.
You can also try prawn, ham and cheese, and caramelised onion. They are all delicious. Try varying the herbs to your taste as well.
The head chef of Artisan Boulangerie Co., Chef Eran Mayer, was kind enough to share his recipe for the smoked salmon quiche!
50g soft butter
1. Sift flour into a large bowl. Add butter and salt to the flour. Using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Add the egg and knead until the dough is smooth and elastic. Do not over-process the dough so it will not lose its crispiness. You can prepare the dough in a food processor but process it as little as possible.
3. Form the dough into a ball, flatten slightly and wrap tightly in cling film. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
4. Grease a 20cm round loose-base quiche tin with melted butter and line with parchment.
5. Lightly flour a work surface. Roll the dough to 1/2 inch thickness and a circle diameter slightly larger than the combined diameter and height of the quiche tin. Gently line the tin with the pastry.
6. Cover with cling film and store in the freezer until the filling is ready.
5g ground nutmeg
160g smoked salmon
120g grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese (according to taste)
Fresh dill (add to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Combine cream, eggs, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl and stir the mixture till the batter is smooth and uniform.
3. Fill the prepared pastry base with the grated cheese, fresh dill and smoked salmon, and pour in the batter.
4. Bake at 200C for 30-40 minutes.
5. Serve hot.
Mums, which type of quiche filling would be your little one’s favourite? Do let us know by leaving a comment below.