Six-year-old Girl Chokes on Face Mask 'Cooked Inside' McDonald's Nugget

Six-year-old Girl Chokes on Face Mask 'Cooked Inside' McDonald's Nugget

"She could have died. It's a split-second thing," her traumatised mother said of the incident.

“My little daughter just started choking and I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out and there was just blue with the sick,” her traumatised mother said of the incident.

When Laura Arber’s little girl started choking after a trip to McDonald’s, she never expected to find what she did inside one of her chicken nuggets.

The 32-year-old took three of her four children to the restaurant in Hampshire, UK to enjoy a family meal.

Six-year-old Girl Chokes On Face Mask

But all of a sudden her six-year-old daughter Maddie started to gag.

“My little daughter just started choking,” she told Hampshire Live.

“I put my fingers down her throat to loop it out there was just blue with the sick.

“I thought, ‘What on earth is this?’

“I didn’t even think it could be the chicken nugget, but I looked over at the box and all I could see was this blue coming out of another chicken nugget in the box of 20.”

Laura then discovered that a face mask had been cooked into the nugget mixture.

“It’s clearly a mask,” she said.

“You can see the seam and how solid it is in there.”

Six-year-old Girl Chokes on Face Mask 'Cooked Inside' McDonald's Nugget

Laura discovered that a face mask had been cooked into the nugget mixture that her daughter was choking on. | Image source: BPM Media

“I couldn’t believe it”

Laura then told the management of her discovery and they told her the nuggets were not cooked onsite and was not issued an apology.

“The worst thing was that they carried on serving them,” she said.

“I just couldn’t believe the way the management were handling it.

“What if I had walked out of the room and my daughter had choked?

“She could have died. It’s a split-second thing.”

Six-year-old Girl Chokes on Face Mask 'Cooked Inside' McDonald's Nugget

Six-year-old girl chokes on face mask: A closer look of the face mask that was found in the nugget. | Image source: BPM Media

­­ Laura said she was very disappointed by their dismissiveness.

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: “We are very sorry to hear about this customer’s experience.

“Food safety is of the utmost importance to us and we place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections.

“When the matter was brought to the attention of our staff, we apologised, offered a full refund and asked the customer to return the item so we could further investigate the matter and isolate the affected product.”

This article was first published in KidSpot and republished on theAsianparent with permission.

Images from BPM Media.

ALSO READ:

Bouncy Ball Choking Hazard: 3-Year-Old Dies Swallowing A Bouncy Ball

Tragedy as 2-year-old girl dies after choking on bread

Six-year-old Girl Chokes on Face Mask 'Cooked Inside' McDonald's Nugget

Got a parenting concern? Read articles or ask away and get instant answers on our app. Download theAsianparent Community on iOS or Android now!

Written by

kidspot

app info
get app banner