Tragedy as 2-year-old girl dies after choking on bread

Tragedy as 2-year-old girl dies after choking on bread

A 2-year-old-girl died four days after she was hospitalised for choking on bread...

A 2-year-old-girl died on Thursday (July 4) in Selangor, Malaysia, four days after she was hospitalised for choking on bread.

The child, Nia Adreanna Mohd Yasir, was unconscious when she was sent to Selayang Hospital on Monday morning (July 1), Utusan Online reported.

Toddler dies after choking on bread

Medical personnel found the piece of bread when they were trying to resuscitate Nia at the emergency ward, said Bernama.

HIE occurs when an infant's brain does not receive enough oxygen and blood.

Nia was reportedly under the care of a babysitter at Nuri Apartment near Gombak in Selangor when the incident occured, Utusan said.

Police are investigating the case under Malaysia's Child Act 2001.

 

This article was republished with permission from AsiaOne.

Got a parenting concern? Read articles or ask away and get instant answers on our app. Download theAsianparent Community on iOS or Android now!

Written by

asiaone

app info
get app banner