Get into the mood 1 week before National Day by letting your kids explore the amazing grounds of 'Istana', the President's official residence.
This is a not-to-be-missed trip, so do plan ahead, as Istana grounds are open to the public just 4 times a year!
Check out a great variety of performances on the grounds during the Open House. And for an entrance fee of just $2, you could even tour selected function rooms in the Istana building and view a special display of gifts presented to the President and the Prime Minister!
Here are some things to keep in mind when visiting Istana:
1. No pointed/sharp objects (e.g. knives and forks) or flammable items (e.g. lighters) are allowed on the grounds.
2. No cycles, scooters, roller blades, etc. are allowed.
3. Littering, smoking and the consumption of alcohol is prohibited.
4. No pets (except for guide dogs) are allowed.
5. You will have to go through security screening prior to entering Istana grounds.
When: 2 Aug 2014 (Saturday)
Time: 8.30am-6pm (Ticket sales office closes at 5.30pm)
Cost: Free for Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents. Other visitors are required to pay an entrance fee of $1 per person
Entrance to the grounds is via the main gate at Orchard Road (near Dobhy Ghaut MRT station).