Want to give your child a unique name? Why don’t you try one of these popular Japanese baby boy names?
1. Ryoji – Pronounced RYO jee. Means good reign.
2. Akio – Pronounced AH kee oh. Means glorious hero or glorious man.
3. Kenji – Pronounced KEN jee. Means twice as wise or second son.
4. Akira – Pronounced AH kee rah. Means intelligent and bright. Unisex name.
5. Yoshio – Pronounced YOH shee oh. Means admirable man.
6. Haru – Pronounced HA roo. Means sunlight or springtime.
7. Shuji – Pronounced SHOO jee. Means second son.
8. Yori – Pronounced YO ree. Means dependence and reliable.
9. Koji – Pronounced KOH jee. Means abundance.
10. Takumi – Pronounced TAH koo mee. Means pioneer or clear sea.
11. Aito – Pronouced Ah EE toh. Means darling boy
12. Haruki – Pronounced Ha ru ki. Means a wooded spring
13. Mitsue – Pronouced MIT soo. Means of the light.
14. Natsuko – Pronouced nat SU ko. Means child of summer
15. Tatsuya – Pronounced tat SOO ya. Means well accomplished.
Related: Baby Names to Avoid
Related: 2013 baby name trends
Related: Are Baby Names Getting Too Creative?