Infant suffers blister like burns on face after falling asleep with pacifier
Check the products baby uses, and keep safety in mind, always.
Pacifiers are commonly accepted as routine baby items (along with bottles, breast-pumps and strollers). As such, we have an inherent trust in their safety. However, a mum recently discovered to her horror that her baby's innocent-looking (and popular-branded) pacifier was capable of unimaginable harm.
Mum Kristen Milhone documents in a Facebook post how her seven-month-old son Jack, woke up one morning with pacifier burns.
Not wanting another child to suffer the same fate, she decided to spread awareness by sharing their ordeal.
7-Month-Old Suffered Pacifier Burns
In her post on Facebook, she shared that when she had woken that day, she noticed a quarter-sized, red mark on the side of her baby's face. It was raised, blistered and looked very much like a burn.
Study: Cleaning baby's pacifier with your saliva may reduce allergy risk
Important Pacifier Safety Tips Every Parent Should Know
'She didn't even have time to grieve': Some Donors Ask Mum For Refunds After Boy With Genetic Disorder Dies
Heart Failure In Babies: Heartbroken Singapore Dad Shares His Grief