My Little Pony in Singapore: 5 Reasons the little ones will LOVE this movie!
Thinking of watching My Little Pony in Singapore? Here is our review!
A very nervous Princess Twilight Sparkle is planning a big Friendship Festival for all of Equestria, with help from her friends, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity and Spike.
The highlight of the festival is a performance by Songbird Serenade (played by pop star Sia), and just when things seem to be up to a great start, the party is crashed by the messenger of Evil- Tempest Shadow.
Twilight and her friends must now save the magical land of Equestria from losing all its power to the evil Storm King, and off they embark on an unforgettable journey, where they meet new friends and exciting challenges!
This is the synopsis of the new kiddie movie in town - My Little Pony, and here are 5 reasons why the little ones (especially little girls) will love it!
1. Friendship is MAGIC : At the core of this movie lies the importance of friendship; to trust your friends, and to never underestimate friendship.
Having good friends alongside you is a whole lot more fun, and when you work as a team, you get so much more done!
Each of the 'Mane 6' have their own personality traits, which occasionally leads to conflicts, but as a team they know what their strengths are.
2. Believe in yourself: We all have a little bit of magic in ourselves and we are stronger than we think we are!
Twilight keeps doubting her powers but realises at the end that, "If you believe, you can achieve."
3. Girl power: It's not very often that you get to see a movie that's all about girl power and female friendship; about girls triumphing against the odds to emerge successful.
And little girls so need to be exposed to female role models, even if it's just through an animated movie, to know that they can be whoever and whatever they want to be!
4. Believe in MAGIC: This movie sends across a very strong message of hope. That things may not seem right now, but if you believe in magic, and don't lose hope, they will surely turn around.
5. The power of good over evil: Ultimately, the underlying message is the power of righteousness and of not misusing your powers.
The bad guys might seem to be winning, but with kindness and love, and a whole lot of goodness, even the mightiest evil can be vanquished.
- The movie is made in the classic flat, 2-D animation style and lacks the technical finesse that we are so used to seeing in animated movies these days.
- It felt a little long, and we saw many parents being dragged by their kids for a toilet break.
- It is maybe a bit too loud and shrill (especially for the adults)?
But when the movie ended and the lights came back, we saw little girls cheering and clapping away, their eyes twinkling with magic and hope. For that alone, you might want to catch My Little Pony in Singapore. :)
My Little Pony: The Movie is releasing in Singapore on 2 November 2017!