Impossibly easy recipe for mushroom mini-pies
This recipe for mushroom mini-pies is incredibly easy, and will help you make some little pies perfect for snacks and picnics!
10g dried Porcini mushrooms, rehydrated
10g dried Chanterrelle mushrooms, rehydrated
250g fresh button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup shredded cheddar
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Bisquick pancake mix
1/2 cup milk - this can be whole or low-fat milk
- Soak dried mushrooms in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Drain and chop. Set aside.
- Heat skillet. Cook onion in extra virgin olive oil for about 2-3 minutes, until the onions become soft and translucent. Add garlic, cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add fresh mushrooms. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, then add dried mushrooms. Cook an additional 2-3 minutes before adding salt and pepper to taste. Transfer into a bowl and set aside to cool.
- Mix together Bisquick mix, milk and eggs. Add a scant tablespoon of the batter into each hold of a greased 12-hole muffin pan.
- Add 1/8 cup of filling, followed by cheddar. Finally top with another tablespoon of the batter, and pepper.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes, until the pies have turned gold brown.
- Cool completely before storing in fridge (2-3 days) or freezer (up to 3 months).