How to save your broken lipstick
In the second part of the "How to Save Your Broken Makeup" series, learn how you can repair your broken lipstick in just a few quick and easy steps.
Previously on our 'How to Save your Broken Makeup' series, we provided tips on how you could save your broken powder-based makeup. In this second part, we share with you on how to repair your broken lipstick.
Lipstick is any lady’s best friend. Just apply some on your lips and voila! It makes your face pop, making you look as fresh as ever, even with minimal makeup.
Like a lot of women, you probably have tons of lipsticks but only actually use some. One day, though, you decide to use that one expensive but neglected lipstick, only to discover that it has melted or even worse, broken into half.
Your little one might also mistake those vibrant lipsticks as crayons and have her own fun with them.
Needless to say, damage is inevitable when it comes to lipsticks and kids. Instead of just discarding the broken lipstick, though, you can actually repair it!
What you need:
- Match or lighter
- Tissue to hold the broken piece of lipstick
Head on over to the next page for a step-by-step method on how to save your broken lipstick.
- Using a lighter or match, gently melt the top base of the lipstick that is still attached to the tube for a few seconds. Make sure the kids aren't around when you're doing this!
- With clean hands or a piece of tissue, put the broken piece back on top of the melted base.
- For a more seamless look, slowly melt the outer edge using a lighter or match.
- Put the lipstick in the fridge for 20 - 30 minutes for it to cool and harden.
Your lipstick is whole again and ready to be used!
Click here for the final part of the ‘How to Save your Broken Makeup’ series: How to save your broken eyeshadow.