I love to cook and feed my loved ones home-cooked meals, but since I am also a working woman, I definitely rely on home appliances to make kitchen life simpler for me.
The pressure cooker is one of the appliances that I have seen my grandma and mom using, and that now am also using. I still remember those childhood days when I used to imitate the shrill sound of the pressure cooker’s whistles. So yes, I consider it my favorite and most important mate in the kitchen.
I have used many types of pressure cookers, many of them sent by my mom and some I bought in Singapore. Somehow, their whistles become non-functioning, sometimes the ring gets torn and sometimes something goes wrong with the lid!
The WMF Perfect Pro
Image source: WMF
I discovered WMF Perfect Pro while hunting for a great pressure cooker. Yes, I have been using it and loving it! Here are some of the reasons why I find cooking with it a breeze:
- It is made in Germany. I completely trust German products for their superior quality. WMF Perfect Pro looks handsome with its black handles and Cromargan®: 18/10 stainless steel material. My set has two pans: 4.5L Big Pan and 3.0L Small pan.
- The size is perfect for a small family like mine. I can choose to use a bigger or smaller pan depending on the quantity to be cooked,
- It comes with a 3-year guarantee. It’s practical and gives me a sense of security.
- It’s easy to adjust and use the cooker according to your preferred setting. Its whole operation is based on a twist-able all-in-one control knob that can do everything – open/shut, preselection of cooking level, steam release.
- It is a big energy-saver. Go green! It saves loads of energy. Expect around 50% reduction there. I couldn’t believe when my son’s porridge got cooked in two to three minutes.
- There’s no irritating whistling sound. Even when Perfect Pro releases steam, it has a soft sound.
- It is suitable for all types of stove and gas tops and hobs including Induction.
- It can be used as a multi-purpose device. You can use it for steaming, cooking, searing, browning and so on. For browning food, use it without the lid on.
- It is easily cleaned. Simply unclip the handle and run it under the tap. It is scratch-resistant as well.
Rice and Lentils Porridge
My hubby and son love the rice and lentils porridge I make for them. It is very light on the stomach and is easy to digest.
- Take half a bowl of rice and half a bowl of any lentils of your choice. I use yellow dhal and rice.You can also add vegetables to the mixture.
- Mix the contents, wash them thoroughly, add a liberal amount of water and place it in the smaller pan of WMF Perfect Pro.
- Start the gas, pressure cook the porridge on the default setting for three to four minutes… and done!
- Mash it thoroughly and add some salt and clarified butter. Serve warm.
Apple, Tomato and Parsley Soup
This soup is full of Vitamin C from apples and tomatoes and packed with Vitamin A from parsley. It’s super easy to make and delicious to boot.
- Wash and cut apples, tomatoes and parsley.
- Place it in the larger pan of WMF Perfect Pro after adding required quantity of water.
- Start the gas, pressure cook for five to six minutes, and all the contents are nicely boiled.
- Mash them or blend them. Add a hint of salt, pepper and sprinkle some grated cheese.