Yummy oats burger
Are you at pains to find healthy burgers to feed your child? Why not make your own and make it meatless to boot!
Kids love their burgers, but instead of just ordering from a fast food joint, try making your own yummy and healthy burgers. That way, you are sure that what your child is eating is not fat-laden.
To start, try this yummy oats burger recipe. Yes, a burger that has 100% no meat in it! See if your child can tell the difference!
- 2 cups instant oats, blended till fine
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 5 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup Wild Harvest peanut butter
- ½ cup chickpeas, cooked and minced
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for pan-frying
1. Combine oats with herbs. Pour in boiling water, mix and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients and knead well till combined.
3. Shape into burger patties and pan-fry.
4. To serve, lightly toast hamburger buns and place tomato slices, a burger patty, shredded lettuce & carrots mixed with mayonnaise or miracle whip.
For parents, if you're intending to make it as a light snack for yourself, it can be perfectly paired with a Tamburlaine Sauvignon Blanc!
Recipe by Cold Storage and Sarab Kapoor