Kids love their burgers, but instead of just ordering from a fast food joint, try making your own yummy and healthy burgers. That way, you are sure that what your child is eating is not fat-laden.
To start, try this yummy oats burger recipe. Yes, a burger that has 100% no meat in it! See if your child can tell the difference!
- 2 cups instant oats, blended till fine
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tsp Italian mixed herbs
- 5 tbsp light soya sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup Wild Harvest peanut butter
- ½ cup chickpeas, cooked and minced
- ½ cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for pan-frying
1. Combine oats with herbs. Pour in boiling water, mix and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. Add all other ingredients and knead well till combined.
3. Shape into burger patties and pan-fry.
4. To serve, lightly toast hamburger buns and place tomato slices, a burger patty, shredded lettuce & carrots mixed with mayonnaise or miracle whip.
For parents, if you’re intending to make it as a light snack for yourself, it can be perfectly paired with a Tamburlaine Sauvignon Blanc!
Recipe by Cold Storage and Sarab Kapoor