Fun For Kids in Malaysia - Book Review
An essential guide to fun-tastic activities for children, Lydia Teh's book, Fun For Kids in Malaysia has everything you need to know about where to go and what to do with the kids when in Malaysia.
Author: Lydia Teh
Availability: Select Books and all major book stores.
Published by: Marshall CavendishEditions.
Recommended for: Children and parents of all ages.
If you have kids between the ages of 3 to 18, and you’ve run out of places in Singapore to keep them entertained, then you should definitely grab a copy of “Fun For Kids in Malaysia.” The comprehensive guide book is chock full of ideas on where to go and what to do in Malaysia for lots of family fun.
The fun-filled guide is not just meant for foreigners – but it’ll definitely be a handy keep for local Malaysians as well. Be the greatest parents on earth by bringing your children on a rock climbing adventure in Jerejak Rainforest Resort, Penang, or kick it old-school by bringing them to the state museum in Negri Sembilan to view ‘Rumah Minang’, which depicts a typical Minangkabau house with its pointed roofs which looks like the horns of water buffaloes.
What we love:
- The Fast Facts section, which gives insight on websites and addresses.
- Short yet detailed and to the point. Reading this was a breeze!
- The quirky illustrations and anecdotes will grab yours and the kids’ attention.
- It caters to the parents too, for when you need a break away from the kids.
What we dislike:
- It would have been better if there were tabs for readers to flip to specific pages for easier find.
- We would have preffered a lighter more compact book, to keep in our handbags/pocketbooks.
- Pictures of the venues and attractions would have added a nice touch.
We love the layout and easy-to-read factor, so we give this book a 4 out of 5!