Singapore Man Says He Found Screws Inside Oatmeal Packet, AVA Investigating
"Those who eat oatmeal are usually old people, it can be quite dangerous for them if there are such things inside..."
A Singapore man was shocked to find a foreign object in oatmeal recently. Apparently, he was having his usual oatmeal breakfast last week when he bit into something hard. It turned out to be a metal screw!
The Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore (AVA) is now investigating the matter.
Man finds foreign object in oatmeal
It was 69-year-old Koh Seng Meng, who had the unpleasant experience of biting into a hard foreign object in oatmeal. The oatmeal in question is from the Quaker oatmeal brand.
To make matters worse, a few days later he discovered a white, hard ceramic object again in his oatmeal. He decided to check the packet thoroughly because the oatmeal for both the incidents came from the same packet.
He was able to find another metal screw inside.
Thankfully, he didn't end up swallowing any of these objects. "Those who eat oatmeal are usually old people, it can be quite dangerous for them if there are such things inside," Mr Koh told The Straits Times.
AVA investigating claims of foreign object in oatmeal
Mr. Koh also said that the AVA and a representative from the oats company would be visiting him to investigate the matter.
Meanwhile, a spokesman of Quaker oatmeal's distributor,Walson Food Distributor, told The Straits Times, "We will be checking with our suppliers to ensure the product is safe to consume. If not, we will do a recall."
"We apply stringent production and quality assurance processes throughout our manufacturing plants all over the world. Great care is taken to keep any foreign object out of our products."a Quaker Singapore spokesman told The Straits Times.
"We are in the process of conducting a thorough investigation and examination of the product, packaging and the foreign object the consumer reported finding."
(Source: The Straits Times)
Quaker Oats recalls two of its granola bar products over Listeria fears
Foreign Object Stuck In Urethra: 39 Beads Found In 12-Year-Old's Penis
Mum Cries Foul After PCF Sparkletots Staff Injures Toddler's Elbow; Police And ECDA Investigating
Heart Failure In Babies: Heartbroken Singapore Dad Shares His Grief