Recipe: Fluffy pandan chiffon cake that will make the whole family drool
Fluffy, yummy and oh-so-soft, enjoy this pandan chiffon cake with your loved ones today.
6 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
40ml coconut oil (you can use any vegetable oil)
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) pandan paste
80ml coconut milk
80g cake flour
6 egg whites
80g caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1. Beat together egg yolks and sugar. The mixture will turn a lighter shade after about 3-4 minutes of beating. Add coconut oil and continue beating.
2. Once the coconut oil has been incorporated, add coconut milk and pandan paste.
3. Add the sifted cake flour and mix until just combined. Set this aside.
4. In a clean mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until foamy.5. Add cream of tartar and continue whisking.
6. Gradually add sugar, whisking all the time until the egg whites form a stiff peak.
7. Fold 1/3 of the meringue into the yolk mixture. Beat it in.
8. Gently fold the remaining meringue into the egg yolk mixture in 2 batches until no streaks remain.
10. Once baked, invert the pan and place it on a raised wire rack (or any other raised device) and allow the pandan chiffon cake to cool completely.
Pair this pandan chiffon cake with a cup of tea or coffee and enjoy a simple homely treat with your family.