Fertility advice for men
Are you and your spouse planning for a baby? Congratulations! Keep yourself updated with important fertility advice for men.
Fill up on the top 10 most vital fertility advice for men. If all else fails, then it may be time to pay your doc a visit.
1. BMI - Maintain a healthy BMI of 20-25. Lower or higher BMI's are associated with reduced sperms
2. Diet - Include Zinc, folates, and Vitamin C in your diet. Add some antioxidants in your diet as well. Keep drinking coffee, but cut back on alcohol.
3. Relax - Stress affects your fertility, so sit back and chill out!
4. Medicines - Certain medicines affect fertility. Chemo and Xrays as well. So please check in with your doctor
5. Aggressive sports - If you play contact sport, wear protective gear. Injury to your genitals will impair your ability to produce sperm.
6. Smoking - smoking damages the quality and quantity of your sperm - so yet another reason to stop!
Watch a doctor give fertility advice for men on the next page...
7. Stay away from heat - the boys are happiest at 34-36 degrees - which is lower than your own body temperature. So avoid hot environments, or using your laptop on your lap or jacuzzi's/steam baths.
8. Avoid cycling - Research has indicated that impotence can be a real side effect from cycling for more than 3 hours per week.
9. Beware of toxic chemicals - Be it at your work place(metal works, painters, farmers) or at home, steer clear from harmful chemicals as it could lead to a lower sperm count.
10. Go for a medical check-up - Get yourself to the doctor to find out if you have any underlying medical conditions that you are not aware of. Many conditions could lead to infertility. Just to name a few: STDs, diabetes, thyroid, anemia, Cushing's syndrome and others.