A comforting family favourite: Stir-fried Bee Tai Mak with chicken and oyster mushrooms
Lunch or dinner will be ready in just 10 minutes with this stir-fried bee tai mak with chicken and oyster mushrooms!
1 piece chicken breast (2 halves), skin removed and sliced thinly
500g bee tai mak
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 shallots, thinly sliced
2 pieces fish cake, diced
1 bunch cai sin, or any green leafy vegetables
1 pack (150g) oyster mushroom, roughly torn
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
2-3 tablespoons dark soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
Marinade for the chicken
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 tablespoon Shaoxing wine
1/2 teaspoon light soy sauce
2 teaspoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
Head to the next page for the step-by-step guide for cooking this stir fried bee tai mak dish!
1. In a heated wok, stir fry minced garlic and finely sliced shallots for about 30 seconds to a minute.
2. Once the garlic and shallots at the edges start to brown a little, add the chicken. Stir fry this until the chicken start to turn opaque.
3. Add the fish cake and stir to mix.
4. Add the vegetables and mushrooms and stir until the vegetables start wilting.
5. At this point, add the bee tai mak, as well as the light and dark soy sauces and pepper.
6. Lower the heat and stir, until everything is well-mixed.
7. Serve the dish hot, garnished with chopped coriander and sliced chili.