2-Year-Old toddler badly injured after fall from Sengkang HDB block
A 2-year-old Singapore toddler was severely injured after a fall from HDB block in Sengkang. The incident happened on 25 November 2018...
A 2-year-old Singapore toddler was severely injured after a fall from HDB block in Sengkang.
According to The Straits Times, the incident happened on the morning of 25 November 2018, at Block 182A Rivervale Crescent. The child was found conscious.
Police were alerted to it at around 10 am, and the boy was rushed to KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
Investigations are going on. We hope that the little child recovers soon…
Balcony Safety for Little Children
Balcony falls can be critical and often result in broken bones, face and head trauma, and death. We don’t know how exactly this little child fell, still, parents do make sure you follow these safety tips to keep children safe:
- Do not let your child play in the balcony unattended.
- Discourage them from climbing on the balcony. Teach your child about balcony safety.
- Keep any objects that children can climb, like benches, tables, and chairs, away from the balcony area.
- Discourage kids from dragging any light furniture close to the balcony.
- Make sure that your balcony is fitted with grills. If not, your balcony door and windows should have child safety locks. Keep doors to balconies locked at all times.
- Check the railing’s gaps. Anything greater than four inches is a threat to your child’s safety. A child as old as six can fit through a gap as small as six inches.
- Conduct regular safety checks. Check railings and locks regularly to make sure they’re still working properly.
- NEVER leave your young child alone in the house – not even for a short while. Toddlers and young children can do all sorts of things when you’re not around.
- Caution all other caregivers of your child to watch your children at all times.
(Source: The Straits Times)
6-Year-Old girl falls to death from Ang Mo Kio HDB block
Double tragedy as man falls to death while hanging laundry, wife dies of heart attack soon after
Employer of Maid Who Jumped Off HDB Faces Growing Hospital Bill of Over $100,000, Seeks Donations from Public
The Inspiring Story of a Widowed Mum in Singapore