All parents wish to see their children flourish and succeed in multiple areas. From language and science to art and sports, there’s a wealth of opportunities for your young toddler.
All that untapped potential, waiting to be discovered, can be unleashed through enrichment classes for toddlers.
To be better informed about what enrichment classes Singapore has to offer for your child, and which you should sign up your toddler for, we’ve listed down the top 6 classes available in Singapore. Have your child hone their skills in one of these enrichment classes in the little red dot.
How to choose the best enrichment classes for toddlers?
With a wide range of enrichment classes for toddlers to choose from, you must know which one stands a class apart. Here are a few things to consider when you’re looking for an enrichment class for your toddler:
- Your child’s interests – It’s important to know what your child likes so you can match them with the classes offered by the school.
- Your child’s learning pace – Have a gauge of where your child is when it comes to his or her milestones so you can enrol in the appropriate class.
- The learning environment – Apart from making sure that the school is conducive to learning and development, you must also ascertain that it is a safe and hygienic place for your child to stay. After all, your little one will stay there for hours each day.
- Whether it offers active play activities – Children learn so much from play, and being toddlers they have so much energy to release. Check the school’s curriculum if it allows for play activities your child can enjoy.
- Accessibility from your home – The closer the school for enrichment classes Singapore has to offer is to your residence, the less time you spend travelling and the more time you spend with your child.
- Teacher-parent communication – It’s important to have open communication with your child’s teacher for any concerns that may arise.
- The class size and fees – Enrolling in a school within your budget is the main concern, and finding one with a good balance of having a well-rounded curriculum, appropriate class size, and reasonable cost is a must.
Singapore’s Top Enrichment Classes for Toddlers
Finding the right enrichment class for your toddler amongst a cornucopia of choices can be a daunting task. So, here’s a list of the best enrichment programmes in Singapore based on the quality and activities offered:
Top Enrichment Classes for Toddlers
Best Enrichment Class for Brain Development
With its holistic, bilingual brain-training programme, Happy Train Enrichment Classes Singapore focuses on developing strong neuron connections at an early age. This makes it the best enrichment class for the brain development of your toddler.
Their specially designed activities like photographic memory, pretend play, IQ development and high-speed flash cards ensure the development of high EQ, IQ, attention span, confidence, early reading, socio-emotional skills, and enhanced creativity.
Music skills, math, and language are also part of their programme. It’s definitely one of Singapore’s top enrichment classes for toddlers! When it comes to language, this can be good for Chinese enrichment classes.
- For ages 3 months-6 years.
- Experienced teachers.
- Small class size of 6 students.
- Trial class available.
- English and Chinese enrichment classes.
- Experiential learning and excellent hands-on activities.
- Stimulating brain-training activities.
- Flexible schedules of enrichment classes for toddlers.
Best Enrichment Class for Artistic Creativity
Children have vivid imaginations. You can let your child’s creativity find expression at Abrakadoodle Enrichment Classes Singapore. The sessions focus on ‘process art’ rather than the completed artwork, making it a popular enrichment class for any toddler.
The teachers will guide your little Picasso as they translate original ideas onto paper and undergo self-discovery.
Special art classes, themed holiday art camps, art activity days, art parties and other events make Abrakadoodle one of Singapore’s best enrichment classes for toddlers.
- For ages 20 months onward enrichment classes for toddlers.
- Parent-accompanied toddler classes.
- Focus on ‘process art’.
- 10-12 students per class, 1:8 teacher-student ratio.
- Voted as the ‘Best Art Class to Inspire Your Child’s Inner Picasso’.
- Encourages creative imagination, communication and invention.
- Trial class available.
Best Academic Enrichment Class
Children can learn many things from a much younger age than we usually think possible. If you want to give your child a headstart in academics, The Learning Lab (TLL) is the place to go. As a Singaporean premium education brand, TLL has been in the industry for over 20 years and cultivated a strong reputation amongst parents for producing academic excellence.
TLL offers a carefully curated curriculum that keeps up to date with changing exam trends and encompasses content outside of the textbook. TLL is known for its creative and innovative teaching methods that focus on teaching your child how to think rather than what to think. If you’re looking for that something extra, this is the place for your child.
Furthermore, TLL, as one of the best enrichment classes for toddlers, has a team of dedicated teachers to help your child consolidate topical knowledge and refine their analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Offers 3 subjects – English, Math and Science.
- Courses are geared to suit each age range specifically.
- Thought leader in the industry.
- A one stop resource for parents of school-going children.
- Enjoy $350 waiver off Term 1 fees.
Best Enrichment Class for Coding
It is never too early to start learning how to code! As an essential skill that will definitely benefit your child in their future education, it’s a great idea to give them a head start. The unique coding curriculum at Coding Lab will never bore your little champs and will allow them to breathe life into their stories via coding. Sounds amazing, right?
The Junior Coders Programme helps develop your child’s logical thinking and problem-solving abilities as they learn to program a robot’s movement, write code for animation, and even use circuits to light up a piano.
- For ages 4-6 years.
- 1:6 teacher-student ratio.
- Inquiry-based learning.
- Award-winning coding programmes.
- Excellent teachers.
- Reasonably priced.
- Trial class/themed workshops available.
Best Enrichment Class for Dance
If your child loves to dance, definitely consider Kavanagh Dance. It is one of the most established dance academies offering excellent enrichment classes for toddlers.
With its Tiny Tots Theatrical programme, your child will learn the basics of movement, music and dance, while building self-confidence and self-exploration skills.
From ballet and tap to jazz and contemporary, let your child discover their innate talent while dancing from the heart. It’s certainly a popular dance enrichment class for any dancing toddler in Singapore.
- Enrichment classes Singapore has to offer for ages 2.5 years onward.
- A variety of dance classes in different genres – modern jazz, ballet, contemporary, tap and theatrical.
- Competitions and performances.
- 47 years of dance industry experience.
- Highly experienced dance teachers.
Best Enrichment Class for Swimming
Swimming is both a lifelong survival skill and a sport. With interactive programmes for teaching the fundamentals of swimming, Aquatech Swimming offers enrichment classes for toddlers like nowhere else.
Their athlete-centric approach helps develop important athletic skills and pushes young kids to ace the sport. It’s an excellent starting place for your toddler to learn basic swimming skills and gain confidence to move on to higher levels.
- Holistic and safe environment enrichment classes Singapore has to offer.
- Fun, interactive and athlete-centric approach.
- Complete safety and supervision.
- Passionate and trained coaches.
- Helps develop motor skills, water confidence and social interaction.
- 1 hour session per week.
Best Art Enrichment Curriculum
Art classes can vary in terms of the mediums and techniques taught and can be geared towards people of different ages and skill levels. Some common types of art classes in Singapore include drawing, painting, and crafts.
The first stage in your child’s art instruction should be to help them improve their drawing abilities. The Art People in Singapore focuses on building your children’s technical skills while allowing them to explore their creativity in their art sessions.
The principles of drawing, colour blending, 3D drawing, and watercolour will be taught to children. Your children’s drawing skills will develop thanks to these art classes.
Their children’s painting programs are taught in small groups, which enhances learning. Your child can begin to explore the many offerings in this world of art with the newly gained skills.
Additionally, they also provide Procreate-based workshops for digital art. The iPad’s Procreate app is fantastic for creating digital drawings. Hence, they have one of the top digital art workshops. And the pieces are fully prepared for printing or laser engraving!
- Provides children with structured classes.
- A weekly report on progress.
- Home assistance system.
- Effective new media training courses.
- Reduced class sizes.
- Experienced educators.
Best English Literacy Programme and Most Innovative English Programme
Every child and kid deserves an English literacy experience, according to LCentral. They provide students in grades N1 through P6 with an education emphasising academic excellence, leadership skills, and a love of learning.
At LCentral, learning happens through you rather than to you. Your child’s social education will help them learn from others and together.
Additionally, LCentral develops your child into a new leader. Leadership is personal and strongly social. Through a curriculum and culture that encourage perseverance, generosity, and confidence, LCentral students develop leadership values on a personal level. Students at LCentral investigate teamwork, civic duty, and individual expression on a social level.
Leadership skills help children learn how to handle responsibility. When children take on leadership roles, they must be accountable for their actions and the success of the group. This helps them develop a sense of responsibility. Children who are able to lead and inspire others are more likely to be successful in their personal and professional lives.
They have not been the top English expert since 2008 for nothing.
- LCentral Qualified English Teachers
- MOE-aligned Curriculum
- Structured Reading Programme
- Exam-mastery Primary Programmes
- Exclusive PSLE Preparation
- Individualised Feedback and Attention Icon
- Systematic Progress-tracking and Reporting
- Value-added Services
Most Innovative Coding & Robotics Enrichment
The Imaginarium is a comprehensive tech enrichment facility that gives kids between the ages of 5 and 14 the tools they need to flourish outside of the classroom.
It provides classes in robotics, coding, and 3D design, encouraging kids to learn via play and build critical life skills.
Imaginarium was developed to give your child holistic development and give them the skills they need for the twenty-first century. It is supported by the Busy Bees Asia team, a premier early childhood education organization with over 50 preschools. Microsoft and SRI International both contribute to its development.
Robotics and coding classes can be a great way for children to learn valuable skills that can help them succeed in the 21st century.
Robotics helps children learn about problem-solving, critical thinking, and creativity, as well as technical skills such as design, construction, and programming. It can also help children learn about teamwork and communication.
Coding, or computer programming, helps children develop logical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as creativity and persistence.
- Foundational Robotics, Engineering Robotics, and Competitive Robotics classes
- Foundational Coding, Animator with Tynker / Game Blitz with Tynker, Animation Design with Scratch / Game Master with Scratch classes
- Caters ages 5-14 years
Parents’ Choice Music Enrichment
Muse Arts Singapore prioritizes music and movement. We provide private Music & Movement programs in addition to the customary in-class enrichment programs. Children require time, freedom, and play to explore their potential since they are so full of life.
Children should be guided and encouraged to express themselves freely and learn from their own experiences in the classroom at Muse Arts, yet in a structured setting. Children as young as 6 months old to 12 years old can participate in Muse Arts programs, which include music, dance, and drama activities that support children’s intellectual, emotional, and artistic growth.
Music education can be beneficial for children in a variety of ways. Here are a few benefits of music classes for kids:
Cognitive development: Studies have shown that music education can improve a child’s cognitive skills, such as spatial-temporal skills and math abilities.
Social skills: Music classes provide an opportunity for children to work as part of a team and to interact with their peers. This can help to develop social skills and build self-confidence.
- Music and Movement Programme
- Caters as young as 6 months old
- Exposure to Percussion and Melodic instruments
- Each session also consists of Muse Arts’ original compositions
Parents’ Choice Sports Enrichment
Swish Swimming is a swim school in Singapore that offers private and group swimming lessons for children and adults. Ages 2 and up are the target audience for the toddler classes. Don’t worry if your toddler isn’t yet happy and at ease in the water or if they’ve never taken a swimming class before; that’s why you’ve come to Swish!
According to their website, they have a team of experienced coaches who use a personalized approach to teaching and are committed to helping students develop their skills and confidence in the water.
They offer lessons at various locations throughout Singapore and have a range of programs available, including beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes, as well as special needs and adult classes.
Knowing how to swim can be a vital life skill, especially if a child is around water. It can help to reduce the risk of drowning and other accidents.
Learning to swim can boost a child’s confidence and self-esteem, especially as they learn new skills and achieve milestones.
- Helping them gain water confidence and comfort
- Teaches gliding under the water, free-floating, kicking, pizza arms and climbing out of the pool by themselves
- Swim with enthusiasm, patience, passion
Best English Enrichment
English is an important language for Singaporean kids to learn for a number of reasons.
First, English is the main language of instruction in schools in Singapore, so it is important for students to be proficient in English in order to succeed academically.
Second, English is widely spoken in Singapore and is the language of business and commerce in the country. As such, it is useful for Singaporean kids to be able to speak English in order to communicate with others and to have more opportunities in the job market.
Finally, being proficient in English can open up many opportunities for Singaporean kids to study and work abroad.
So it’s not a shocker if many parents enrol their kids on I Can Read, the best English enrichment class in the country.
I Can Read is a learning centre that provides English language and literacy education for children. It offers a range of programs, including reading and writing classes, phonics programs, and language enrichment classes. All are designed to help children develop strong language skills and a love of reading.
- More than 300,000 international and local success stories
- The World’s Best Reading Programme
- Delivers the most cutting-edge, market-relevant education possible
Choose the best one among these top enrichment classes for toddlers and watch with glee as your kid unlocks his/her true potential. This handy list will surely help you find the most suitable enrichment programme for your little gem.
Also read: Best Education Savings Plan Options for Children in Singapore