Looking to take your fitness game to the next level this year? Join us for the second edition of AIA iRun for Vitality from 8 to 28 February 2021—this time with a festive twist to celebrate the Lunar New Year. Gather your fitness squad and get ready to run your way towards healthier, longer, and better lives and reap the rewards of good health.
The virtual run is free and open to everyone so grab your family, friends, and colleagues and register online from 14 January to 7 February 2021 for the challenges (Individual, Team, or Corporate) and stand a chance to win awesome prizes by unlocking significant milestones along the way. To help you track your run, there will be live leaderboards for participants across Individual and Corporate challenges—recorded based on total distances you clock. Final rankings and winners will be announced on the 42Race Facebook page on 10 March 2021.
Follow AIA Singapore’s Facebook (@Singapore.AIA) and Instagram (@AIASingapore) to stay up to date on the latest run updates.
Pick your challenge and conquer your fitness goals
Image Source: iStock
Individual Challenge: For the competitive runner in you
- Sign up to receive your first treasure box containing 888 ang baos and collect more along the way. As you rack up the miles, participants will be able to unlock treasure boxes containing more ang baos. There are four treasure boxes to unlock and Lunar New Year themed eBadges to collect at the following milestones: Bronze: 18KM, Silver: 38KM, Gold: 88KM, and Platinum: 168KM.
There will be a total of 888 winners. The top 88 individuals who collect the most ang baos will be awarded with a Garmin vívosmart 4 worth S$199. Subsequent 800 individuals will receive an exclusive partner reward according to their ranking: 89th-188th (Prosperity Prize), 189th-388th (Abundance Prize), 389th-888th (Happiness Prize).
- Limited edition finisher tee (Ang Bao Edition) is also available for purchase at only S$8.88.
- Special perks also await AIA Vitality members! At every milestone, members will be rewarded with AIA Vitality points: 18KM (268 Vitality points), 38KM (488 Vitality points), 88KM (888 Vitality points), 168KM (1,688 Vitality points).
- The Ang Bao Leaderboard will be published on the 42Race Facebook page on 10 March 2021. Following this announcement, an email will be sent to winners to notify them on prize redemption details.
- To participate in the Individual Challenge, register online here.
Team Challenge: Squads that run together, have fun together
- Form a team of 4 and work together to clock the longest distance during the race period. All team members must unlock at least the 18KM milestone to be eligible to win the prizes.
- Participants will need to join the Individual Challenge before creating and/or joining a team to participate in the Team Challenge.
- Team members from the top 88 teams that clocked the longest distance will be awarded with the finisher tee (Ang Bao edition), and AIA Vitality Members will also earn 200 Vitality coins,
- Team Challenge winners will be announced on the 42Race Facebook page on 10 March 2021. Following this announcement, an email will be sent to winners to notify them on prize redemption details.
Corporate Challenge: Make your company a champion
- AIA will be sharing an exclusive invitation to selected companies to join the Corporate Challenge. Employees of selected companies looking to participate will need to consult with their respective HR departments to access the Team URL and unique sign up codes.
- Other companies keen to participate may contact the AIA Corporate Vitality team at [email protected]
- Form a team of up to 28 employees to clock the longest distance during the race period and go head to head against teams from other participating organisations.
- Team members in the top 8 corporate teams that clocked the longest distance will each be awarded with 1 exclusive AIA Vitality Premium Yoga Mat and 1 finisher tee (Ang Bao edition). Employees who are AIA Vitality Members will also get to earn 200 Vitality coins.
- Organisations will be notified of the winners for the Corporate Challenge after the race. Corporate Challenge winners will also be announced on the 42Race Facebook page on 10 March 2021.
- Keen runners can also join and participate in Individual and Team Challenges alongside the Corporate Challenge. Participants in the Corporate Challenge are not required to register for the Individual Challenge first.
Image Source: iStock
Join in on social media
We will also be running a social media contest during the race period, from 8 February at 0000 hours (SGT) to 28 February 2021 at 2359 hours (SGT). Participants are invited to post on Instagram sharing Chinese New Year-themed videos or photos of themselves running or walking to clock up the miles. The posts should include eBadges earned by unlocking any of the 4 distance milestones. The 8 most creative submissions will each win a Garmin vívosmart 4. Winners will be notified via direct mail from AIA Singapore’s Instagram (@AIASingapore).
Contest Mechanics: How to participate
- Join in the AIA iRun for Vitality (Ang Bao Edition) Individual Challenge from 8 to 28 February 2021 and unlock any of the 4 milestones (i.e. 18KM, 38KM, 88KM and 168KM) to earn an eBadge.
- Share a Chinese New Year-themed video or photo of yourself running or walking to clock up the miles and showcasing the eBadges you have earned in the AIA iRun for Vitality (Ang Bao Edition) as a post on Instagram.
- Your Instagram caption should include how AIA iRun for Vitality (Ang Bao Edition) has helped to motivate you and how it has inspired you to live with Vitality.
- Tag @aiasingapore and include the hashtags #AIAiRunforVitality, #AIAVitalitySG, #AIASG and #HealthierLongerBetterLives; and
- Ensure your Instagram account is public to qualify.
For more information, please visit the event page.