Quick-thinking doctors and a nurse helped to resuscitate the little boy. Read the story here...
According to The Straits Times, a three-year-old boy almost drowned at the newly-opened Temasek Club in Bukit Timah, on Sunday (8 November).
The little boy was extremely lucky because it so happened that Dr Low Lee Yong, founder of clinic network Make Health Connect, was at the club when the incident happened.
Dr Low shares on Facebook:
“I was having lunch at the Chinese restaurant at level 2 with my wife and dad when we saw a man lifting the little boy out of the water. I realized something was wrong when I saw the boy ‘s limbs were flaccid . I quickly dashed down to the pool.
“Two more doctors and a nurse came and joined in the resuscitation. Thank God for answering my prayer to save the boy’s life even as I did mouth to mouth on him and lifted him upside down to drain his lungs of water when his cyanosis deepened.
“Let’s pray for Alvin who has been sent to the hospital by the ambulance which came later. We should never leave our children unattended in the swimming pool.”
According to reports, the little boy, who regained consciousness after CPR was performed on him, was sent to National University Hospital around 2pm.
The General Manager of Temasek Club, commenting on Dr Low’s Facebook post confirmed that the boy had been discharged from hospital and is now fine. He tells Dr Low, “his [the boy’s] parents thank you and the other angels who rushed over to save him.”
The Straits Times report mentions that while is is not completely clear as to how the incident happened, “it is believed that he [the boy] had been left unattended in the pool for some time.”
This incident is certainly an eye-opener for all parents about how important water safety is when it come to our little ones.
On the next page, read about some important water safety tips for parents to keep in mind, and watch the video of the little boy’s rescue.