Your baby is now past the infant stage and all set to try the goodness of broccoli, avocados and more. However, they are new to solid food and might be facing issues transitioning. For a number of reasons, toddlers can be fussy eaters but at this growing age, it is crucial that they get proper nutrition.
To address this, many parents choose to add milk to their child’s diet and this is where a good formula can help; but with so many choices out there, how to choose what’s best.
Why organic formula is the way to go?
First things first, when it comes to choosing the right formula, it is best to go organic. Let us understand why. Organic formula is safer and arguably the healthier choice.
All formulas are closely monitored by the Singapore Food Agency to make sure they adhere to certain nutritional standards, but organic baby formulas have to meet special federal guidelines to get the certified stamp, which means they are safer than regular formulas.
Furthermore, organic formulas are GMO-free. GMO refers to genetically engineered ingredients. These are ingredients with altered DNA due to the addition of genes from another ingredient species, often introduced to improve crop protection, breed faster-growing animals, or increase nutritional value- in the case of GMO formulas, it is primarily genetically modified soy and corn.
GMOs are a relatively new phenomenon, and there has been little research on their long-term implications. Hence, non-GMO organic formulas are a safe choice.
Also, organic formulas must comply with the list of Allowed and Prohibited Substances—which means that artificial preservatives, flavours, and other additives found in standard formulas are absent from organic formulas making them the healthier choice.
Benefits of organic formulas over regular ones
If you need more convincing, here are five benefits of organic formulas over regular ones.
- No chemical substances: Did you know that mycotoxin contamination due to the presence of chemical substances in regular formulas can be severely harmful to your child? This is a serious issue faced across the world- from Italy to Nigeria and Qatar to Asian countries. This is where organic formulas are relatively safer as they do not contain chemical substances and hence chances of mycotoxin contamination are low.
- Less heavy metals: As compared to regular formulas, organic ones contain less heavy metals, which can cause tissue damage and lead to muscle and joint pains.
- High level of vitamins: Organic formulas contain high levels of vitamins essential for the overall growth and development of the baby.
- Rich in antioxidants: These are also rich in antioxidants, which protect the body from damaging molecules called free radicals that can cause brain damage and more.
- No pesticides. No artificial fertilisers: Organic formulas do not contain any pesticides or artificial fertilisers. This is not only good for your baby but also for the environment as it prevents land contamination.
How to decode the formula box: Choosing the best organic formula
Now that we understand the benefits of organic formula, the next step is to understand which is the best organic formula and to make an informed decision, we need to learn how to decode the formula labels. What do those random alphabets mean and what’s best for our child? Let us be informed on what we are feeding your child.
- What is Organic food: Generally speaking, any food that is grown naturally without the use of synthetic fertilisers, harmful pesticides and insecticides is organic food, and we have already covered the benefits of organic formulas over regular ones at length.
- What is the role of DHA and ARA: First, let us understand what is DHA and what is ARA. Docosahexaenoic Acid or DHA is a 22-carbon, long-chain fatty acid while Arachidonic Acid or ARA is a 20-carbon fatty acid. DHA is basically an omega-3 fatty acid that is a building block for your baby’s brain and eyes while ARA is an omega-6 fatty acid and is a key component of cell membranes. Studies have shown that these fatty acids are known to improve visual acuity and cognitive performance in babies.
- What is Prebiotic GOS: Prebiotic GOS are types of dietary fibre that are good for your toddler’s digestion. It makes the transition from milk to solid food easier by improving the growth of friendly bacterial growth in the digestive tract.
Why go for Australia’s Nature One Dairy Organic Formula?
Now that you are equipped with all the information you need to select the best organic formula for your toddler, let me tell you about one that checks all the right boxes: Nature One Dairy®.
- Nature One Dairy Organic Formula is manufactured in Australia: Australia is known for its strict regulations on manufacturers as achieving standards in good hygiene practice, product integrity and food safety. Nature One Dairy is an Australian-made baby formula with all premium essential nutrients included in its formula.
- A certified organic formula: Certified by the Australian Certified Organic (ACO) which is Australia’s largest certifier for organic and biodynamic produce. Nature One Dairy is a Certified Dairy Manufacturer in Australia.
- Purest, freshest and safest: Their organic powder is processed in a pharmaceutical-grade facility licensed by Dairy Food Safety Victoria (DFSV) in Australia, bringing the Organic formula to its purest and freshest state.
- High nutritional value: It is specially formulated with a high concentration of Omega-3 fatty acids, Omega-6, essential vitamins, and antioxidants. The Nature One Dairy Organic Formula also contains premium nutrients, such as DHA, ARA and Organic Prebiotic GOS and thus ensures overall growth and development of your child.
- Go organic at a pocket-friendly price: We all want what’s best for our children and when it comes to dairy products, Australia has garnered the top position and maintained it for decades now. However, getting these brands here in Singapore can be a bit tricky- did you know that most milk formula brands cost more than double in Singapore as compared to Australia?
Nature One Dairy believes in the ethos of helping parents all over the world get what’s best for their children without burning holes in their pockets and hence, their Organic Formula is reasonably priced with a slight price difference to cover costs for things like export, freight, import and taxes, allowing you to go organic at a pocket-friendly price.
Breast milk is the best. Nature One Dairy® fully recognises breast milk’s primacy, value and superiority and supports breastfeeding as recommended by the WHO. However, if you do choose to supplement your child’s diet with an organic formula, Australia’s Nature One Dairy’s organic formula is your best bet.
To learn more about Nature One Dairy Organic Formula, visit: https://natureonedairy.com/singapore-nature-one-dairy-campaign-page/.