Reader: Hi Dr Dana. I just found out that I am pregnant and plan to visit my Gynea. What questions should I ask her?
Dr Dana: Congratulations on your pregnancy. Here are some questions you might want to ask your doctor:
1. Are you planning any trips around the time of my due date?
2. If you are not available to deliver my baby, who will step in?
3. Can I meet the substitute?
4. What point during labor can I arrive at the hospital?
5. How do you deal with emergency calls?
6. If my labor turns out to be straight forward, are you comfortable with birthing preferences? An example is water birthing.
Do also read my article on when you should be making your first visit to your gynecologist and what to expect in the first visit.
Dr Dana Elliott Srither MBBS (Singapore), Grad Dip Family Medicine, is a certified Family Physician who believes in the principles of “Get Well” and “Stay Well”.
We hope that these article on pregnancy questions for Doctor was helpful. Let us know if you have any suggestions.