Serves 2 - 3
Good source of antioxidants and carotenes, notably vitamin C and E.
What you need
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 onions, chopped
0.3 kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
1/2 cup vegetable stock
250g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
½ bunch English spinach, leaves rinsed and roughly chopped
1/4 packet of fresh lasagne sheets, enough to give 7 layers
1/4 cup, (50g) fresh ricotta
1/4 cup, (60g) natural yoghurt
1/2 egg yolks
1/2 cups dried breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan
25g shelled pistachios
What you do
1) Preheat oven to 200°C.
2) Heat olive oil in a large high sided frying pan. Add onion and cook until soft. Add garlic and cook a further 30 seconds. Add pumpkin and stock. Let simmer, covered, for 20 minutes or until soft.
3) Allow to cool, slightly. Mash until smooth. Stir through spinach.
4) Mix together ricotta, yoghurt and egg yolks. Season.
5) Place a small amount of the ricotta mixture on the bottom of a rectangular oven dish.
6) Place a layer of lasagne sheets on top. Cover with a layer of the pumpkin mixture and a thin drizzle of the ricotta mixture. Continue layering, using 7 layers of lasagne sheets in total, finishing with a layer of lasagne and then the remaining ricotta mixture.
7) Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan and shelled pistachios. Sprinkle over the lasagne before baking.
8) Bake covered for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake a further 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.