A Singaporean parent's ultimate guide to Changi Airport
Travelling with children is usually stressful. But Changi Airport's amenities and services make it much easier for families with little ones. This is how you make the most of your trip through the world's best airport.
Planning to fly somewhere with kids? You are in good hands at the world’s best airport, i.e. Changi International Airport. This airport claimed this crown for the sixth time last July. It is clearly the best place to be before travelling with a toddler on a plane.
Mums and dads can expect ease and comfort from check-in to aircraft. Changi Airport’s staff and facilities has got you and your family covered with many family-friendly amenities and services.
Use these tips to make the most of your trip at an airport worth of being a destination in itself:
- Using a stroller when travelling with a toddler on a plane? Request to check it in at the boarding gate. This way you can still use the stroller in the transit area. Furthermore, you can ask the officers on duty to expediting your family’s clearance when going through immigration.
- And if you don’t have a stroller, borrow one! Just head to a customer service desk and ask if they have one available. Strollers are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Attend to your baby in the spacious Baby Care Room available in all terminals. There are multiple changing stations, diaper vending machines and hot water dispensers here. Some Baby Care Rooms even have play facilities and a TV to keep your little ones entertained.
- Take your toddler to the many play areas found in Changi Airport. These areas are safe, comfortable and clean. Keep an eye on them from one of the many benches around these play areas. Need a quick clean-up after play time? Then use the sanitation dispensers that can be found in these play areas.
- Forgot to pack diapers or pacifiers? Fret not. Head to Guardian or Watsons available in all Changi’s terminals. Those that need health-related advice can head to the airport pharmacy at T4 where pharmacists are available 24/7.
- Don’t forget, you can bring an unlimited amount of breastmilk or formula on flights if you are travelling with a toddler on a plane. Consider putting the milk in a separate bag within your carry-on bag so it is easy to retrieve for security inspection. If your child is not travelling with you, the Liquids, Aerosols and Gels (LAGs) requirements apply so store the milk in containers not exceeding 100ml.
- Finally, Changi Experience Agents are there to help, so use them well and have a smooth and pleasant journey with your little ones!
- Use this checklist if you are travelling with more than one kid.
- Here are 14 super-useful tips when travelling with a baby
Source: Changi Airport
Also read: The super prepared mum’s packing list