Tofu Recipes: Tasty and Healthy Treats for the Family!
Think tofu recipes are boring and bland? Why not give these a try! They're sure to have your kids asking for more!
An excellent source of amino acids, iron, calcium and other micronutrients, tofu is a versatile ingredient with many health benefits. If you kids think tofu recipes are boring and bland, why not give these recipes a try? They are sure to have your kids asking for more!
1. Tofu Nuggets
- 500 gms Hard tofu, Cut into cubes
- 2 Eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 3 to 4 sheets Seaweed wrap, cut into strips
- Canola Oil
- 1 cup Flour
- Chopped Parsley
- 200 gms Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon Bell pepper chopped finely
- Salt, Sugar, Pepper to taste
- Water, as needed
- Cut hard tofu into 1inch by 1.5 inches and 1 cm thickness, season with salt and pepper.
- Cut seaweed wrap the same size as the tofu and wrap the tofu with seaweeds
- Dip tofu wrap in scrabbled eggs, dredge with flour and roll into bread crumbs
- In a pan heat up canola oil, make sure the pan is hot enough for deep frying
- Deep fry prepared tofu nuggets, cook till golden brown.
- Place in the bed of lettuce and serve with dipping sauce.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy.
For the sauce:
- Pour mayonnaise in a bowl
- Add all ingredients except water, mix well and add water until you get your desired dressing consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Tofu Medley
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (canola, olive or vegetable oil)
- 1 block firm tofu – washed, drained
- crumbled pepper, salt, chilli powder – to taste
- 4 pcs shitake mushroom sliced or 1 small can button mushroom
- 1 pc onion – sliced chunky
- 1/2 head garlic – minced
- 1 big or 2 small tomatoes – diced
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 3-5 stems of kangkong, leaves cut, stem diced
- 1 small bell pepper (you may also combine red and green), diced
- 1 small carrot – diced
- Crumble firm tofu and add 1 tsp turmeric powder (or add more turmeric to add more colour).
- Saute garlic in oil.
- Add onion and cook until it’s translucent in colour.
- Add mushroom, let it cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add bell pepper, carrots and kangkong/pechay stems – cooked for few minutes.
- Add kangkong/pechay leaves.
- Add pepper, salt – to taste.
- Mix well & serve.
3. Tofu Steak
- 500 gm Hard tofu
- 2 medium Carrots
- I medium White Onion (optional)
- 3 pcs dried Shitake mushroom, soaked in hot water for 2 hours, squeezed, then chopped finely.
- 2 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
For the mushroom sauce:
- Fresh button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoon unsalted Butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon finely-chopped shallots (optional)
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose Flour
- Salt to taste
- Cut hard tofu into small cubes pour in a mixing bowl.
- Chop carrots, onion, shitake mushroom into small cube and add in the mixing bowl
- Beat eggs and pour over the mixture
- Add salt, pepper, flour
- Mix all together and taste (adjust as needed)
- Portion mixture and from in a round shape
- In a Teflon pan, pour in 2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil, pan fry mixture till cooked.
- Set aside and serve, with gravy and garnish with chopped parsley.
- In a pan with canola oil and butter, sauté mushroom till brown
- Add shallots, butter and flour. Stir
- Add water, season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper, cook till the mixture is thick.
- Serve on top of the steak.
4. Baked Tofu
- 500 gm hard tofu
- 1 block quick melt cheese
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits
- Fresh parsley
- Clarified butter
- 5 tablespoon canola oil
- Cut hard tofu into 2″x2″ cubes, deep fry until golden brown. Let it cool.
- Grate quick melt cheese
- Drain pineapples
- Chop parsley finely
- Clarify butter (1 bar put in a saucepan, place on top of the stove let it boil till milk separate from the oil, strain and set aside)
- Assemble tofu in a tray
- Sprinkle cheese over tofu
- Add pineapple, sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with clarified butter
- Bake for 3-5 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. Serve hot.
5. Stuffed Tofu
- 6 pieces small tofu cubes
- Half a kilo of yellowtail trout (or any fish of your choice)
- A pinch of salt
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Dash of pepper
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 1. Hollow out the tofu to make “shells”; be sure to leave about 1⁄4 of an inch around the sides and bottom of the tofu. Take care not to tear the shell. Set aside.
- 2. Boil the fish in water seasoned with a pinch of salt. Debone fish and flake the meat. Set aside.
- Combine fish, carrots and parsley. Mash the tofu bits you scooped out earlier and mix it in. Bind with egg and cornstarch. Spoon the mixture in each shell.
- Heat oil in a heavy frying pan. Deep-fry the stuffed tofu shells in hot oil until slightly brown and crisp. Invert the stuffed tofu carefully to cook the top portion. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce.
Got more tofu recipes to share? Get in touch with us by leaving a comment below!
This Mapo Tofu Recipe With Impossible Meat Is So Delicious You Won't Believe It Does Not Have Real Meat
Mushroom and sweet corn porridge
Mum Cries Foul After PCF Sparkletots Staff Injures Toddler's Elbow; Police And ECDA Investigating
'She didn't even have time to grieve': Some Donors Ask Mum For Refunds After Boy With Genetic Disorder Dies