Like all parents, you only want the best for your child. You scour the supermarkets and on-line stores for the very best of choices from diapers to washcloths for your little one.
When it comes to his diet, you are most particular about his milk formula & food choices since it goes a long way, playing an important role in his growth and health.
Because you believe your child should not only receive the right nutrition, but more importantly, his nutritive requirements should be balanced with natural goodness, an organic milk formula for babies is your natural (pun intended) go-to choice for feeding your little one.
What Is Organic Formula Milk?
Organic formula is a milk formula that is made from milk of cows, raised according to strict organic regulations via sustainable practices.
They are fed with non-GMO, 100% organic feed, graze on pastures that are free from chemical fertilizers and synthetic pesticides. Choosing an organic formula enables providing your child with its natural, organic goodness.
3 Tips To Help You Choose An Organic Milk Formula
1. Choose a formula that’s Certified Organic by leading standards
There are varied organic standards across the globe such as Europe Organic, USDA Organic (America), Australian Certified Organic among others. The Europe Organic Certification is reputed to have one of the most stringent and complete requirements.
European Union (EU) organic farming rules cover all agricultural products and encompass every stage of the production process, from seeds to the final processed foodi.
While other organic standards allow “Made with Organic” label for a product that contains at least 70% organically produced ingredients, a product is certified EU Organic only if it contains at least 95% organic ingredients.
Where the formula is produced does matter too. There are many countries famous for organic farming, monitored by strict federal regulations. One of them is Denmark, a world leading organic country with a past track record of several firsts under its beltii:
- first to set up rules for organic production
- first to establish organic state control
- first to implement an organic label
2. Read the nutrient information panel of the formula carefully
An Organic formula may be used to supplement the normal diet of active toddlers. It helps to provide more nourishment than standard cow’s milk to support the rapid growth and development requirements of childhood.
While choosing the organic formula, take a good look at the nutrients that the formula offers for your child.
Look out for formulas that contain valuable nutrients like DHA that supports brain and eye development as well as essential vitamins and minerals to support your child’s immune system.
3. Know which ingredients to be cautious about
When reading a long list of ingredients, there can be certain ingredients that may go unnoticed on an ingredient panel. As milk formulas are often formulated with palm oil, you should look out for the same in the ingredient panel.
Palm oil may inhibit calcium absorption; as such, choose a formula with a unique vegetable fat blend that contains no palm oil instead.
Choosing the right milk formula for your little one can be a challenge but understanding what to look for can help you identify what’s appropriate for your little one.
Why You Should Choose Similac Organic For Your Toddler’s Overall Well Being
- Certified Organic by EU Organic Standards: Similac Organic is one of the few brands in Singapore that is made in accordance with stringent Europe “Organic” standards and is manufactured in Denmark, the country with a leading-edge in all things organic. You can be rest assured Similac Organic is made from milk that comes from cows fed with non-GMO feed, raised through sustainable farming practices on pastures that are free from chemical fertilizers and synthetic pesticides.
- Abbott Expertise & Experience: Similac Organic brings together naturally sourced organic ingredients with ~100 years of Abbott’s nutritional expertise. Similac is trusted by millions of moms all over the world & it is Singapore’s #1 milk formula brand*.
- Crafted for Nutritional Benefits: Similac Organic is formulated to meet the needs of your little one whilst keeping pace with your organic lifestyle choices. It contains:
- EyeQ Plus™ Nutrition System: With DHA (coming from a vegetarian source) that supports brain and eye development
- IMMUNIFY® ingredients*: Supports the normal functioning of your child’s immune system. *(Vitamin A, B6, B12, C, D & Copper, Iron, and Zinc)
- Essential Nutrients: Protein for muscle tissue building and, Calcium and Vitamin D for strong bones and teeth.
- No palm oil: With a unique vegetable fat blend that contains no palm oil.
Bringing together nature with nutrition, Abbott’s Similac Organic milk formula for babies is a great choice for your toddler’s overall growth and well-being, whilst meeting your lifestyle organic preference. Curious to learn more? Visit this website.
*AC Nielsen, MAT Aug 2021