The 5 best prenatal vitamins – Singapore shopping guide special!
However, there are certain nutrients that are especially crucial for expecting mums. These are:
• Folate/ folic acid – Prevents birth defects, specifically defects of the neural tube, spine and brain. You’ll need 800 micrograms a day.
• Calcium – Calcium strengthens bones, teeth and muscles in both you and your baby. You’ll need 1000 milligrams a day.
• Vitamin D – Vitamin D will help strengthen your baby’s bones and teeth. You’ll need 600 international units (IU) a day.
Even If you follow a highly nutritious and balanced diet plan, getting your daily fill of these three nutrients (not to mention all the other important vitamins and minerals) could be a bit challenging.
Here’s where a multivitamin can really help a pregnant mum. A multivitamin is a daily supplement of a very specific blend of vitamins and minerals, which can be taken as an accompaniment to your already wholesome diet, fill in any nutritional gaps and ensure you get all the nutrients needed for your optimal health and that of your baby!
So if you’re looking for the best prenatal multivitamins around, you’re in luck! We’ve come up with a handy list, based on the recommendations of our 82 readers. Keep reading to know what they are.
1. Obimin Pre and Post Natal Health Supplement
Check out this product and its ingredient list here.
2. Blackmores Pregnancy Gold
Check out more details about this product here.
3. GNC Women’s Prenatal Formula
Read details about this product here.
4. Obimin Pluz Complete Antenatal Health Supplement with DHA/EPA
Obimin Pluz also has Eicosapentanoic Acid (EPA), for optimum brain functions. Read more about Obimin Pluz here.