At first, the woman thought it was a simple graze before a strange red line revealed something far more sinister...
The 23-year-old had no idea that the recurring rash on her face and neck was a deadly warning sign of sepsis.
"The time that you see symptoms and when it becomes critical is a matter of hours. Awareness can save a life"
Who knew such a simple action could have such devastating consequences?
Perhaps we were too quick to judge about this common condition.
"He vomited a lot of black blood... It was a nightmare. I almost lost my son."
She definitely went through a labour of love...
How much do you know about sepsis and septicaemia?
Patrycja Majewska is suing a hospital in England after her newborn baby died from their hospital staff's medical negligence.
A newborn girl had a life-threatening bacterial infection from her water birth in a hot tub. And she almost died...
It started with what seemed like a simple cold and ended with 3-year-old Pippa's death - all in just a few days.