If you are planning a family vacation, why not consider a farm stay in Perth? The hectic urban lifestyle of Singaporeans can be quite overwhelming, which makes the serenity of a farm stay in laid-back Perth especially appetising.
Of course with the children on board, it is important to only consider child-friendly farm stays so they won’t be bored to tears. Throw some kangaroos and emus into the mix and your child is sure to be a happy chappie right through your farm-stay holiday!
Perth Farm Stay: Child-friendly Farm Stays In Australia
1. Margaret River Farmstay
Image source: Margarert River website
This 4-star attraction is the very first item on our list of child-friendly farm stays in Perth and for good reason too.
- Location – 5 – 10 minutes away from Margaret River town
- Rooms in the cottages on the farm are very new, comfortable and modern.
- Get an opportunity to get up close with a huge diversity of animals ranging from emus and peacocks to alpacas and sheep. Children will also have the opportunity to feed the animals!
- 57 acre large farm - Ample space for kids to run around, play outside on their own or simply hang out in the treehouse
- Not a working farm
- Limited hot water
Contact: +61 8 9758 8005 or email at [email protected]
Location: 225 Osmington Road, Bramley WA 6285
Image source: Facebook / Ferguson Fantasy
Situated on top of a hill, be prepared to be greeted by an amazing view of Perth if you choose to stay here. This 45-hectare farm stay is conveniently situated a mere 2-hour drive away from Perth and is home to a wide array of animals.
Children can look forward to animal feeding time as well as pony rides! Ferguson farm stay also has restaurants and a function centre.
- Breathtaking views
- Very friendly hosts
- The chalets are big, spacious, clean and functional
- Wifi available at the main function room
- Be ready for millipedes, spiders and other creepy crawlies
- Nearest grocery shopping is at Bunbury Forum, about 25mins drive away.
Contact: +61 8 9728 1392 or email at [email protected]
Location: 930 Henty Rd, Henty WA 6236 Australia
Settler’s Rest Farm Stay
Images ource: Settler's Farm website
If children asking you ‘are we there yet’ ranks as one of your biggest pet peeves, then rest assured that this won’t be much of a problem if you choose Settler’s Rest farm stay.
Situated just 20 minutes away from Perth, children can look forward to seeing and even feeding farm animals like alpacas and ducks. It's a popular choice among Singaporean families, going by the number of testimonials by Singaporeans on their website! Why not try it out?
Contact: +61 8 9250 4540 or email at [email protected]
Location: 90 George Street West Swan, Western Australia 6055
Sunflowers Animals Farm & Farm Stay
Image source: Facebook / Sunflowers Animal Farm & Farmstay
The fourth item on our list of child-friendly farm stays is Sunflowers Animals farm and farm stay also located near the Margaret River. Children can look forward to horse riding or feeding animals...what more can a kid ask for?!
- Located centrally in the Margared River wine region, so it is extremely convenient for visiting the attractions nearby.
- Kids will have a great time with the daily morning animal feeding, which includes a 5 minute pony ride and bottle feeding lambs.
- Over 300 mainly farm animals. They are all very friendly because people feed them all day! lots of baby animals that you can cuddle and also native animals like kangaroos and an emu.
- Back to basics accommodation 2. There is no wifi and Vodafone network is pretty weak 3. Not much things can be done in the late evening as it will be dark 4. There are lots of mosquitoes and crawlers 5. Not a working farm 6. Can get quite muddy during the rainy season in June.
Contact: +61 8 9757 3343 or email at [email protected]
Location: 5561 Caves Road Margaret River, WA, Australia 6285
Places In Singapore Where You Can Have Hands-on Animal Experiences That Are Not The Zoo
4 Best Kid-Friendly Bee Farms In Singapore You Must Visit