"Perceptive Play" Is The Most Engaging Book Your Child Will Read
Featuring 52 activities that can be carried out each week, for a year – tried and tested by Wong Li-Lin herself - and complete with pictorials, <i> Perceptive Play,</i> is a great activity book for kids and parents alike.
Perceptive Play By Wong Li-Lin
Price: $25 (before GST)
Availability: At all major leading bookstores
Published by: Marshall Cavendish Editions
ISBN : 978 981 261 446 9
Recommended for: Parents who wish to engage their young toddlers and preschoolers in activities that are both entertaining and educational.
Wong Li Lin's Perceptive Play
Featuring 52 action-centric activities that can be carried out each week, for a year – tried and tested by Wong Li-Lin herself - and complete with pictorials, Perceptive Play, is a colorful and engaging activity book for both parents and their young children.
Activities include Tip it into the basket - perfect for teaching children how to pick up after themselves and to make it more challenging, to pack according to colors or shapes; and Overflovolcano , a DIY volcano to bring out the inner scientist and volcanologist in your preschooler. Perceptive Play is a light and refreshing read before bed every night.
What We Liked Best:
1) The idea that play is an important way for children to learn, through their experience and the various ways it stimulates their brain.
2) One activity per week. Perfect for family time every weekend!
3) Children can pick out the activity, which appeals to them most.
4) Colours are engaging for children.
What We Didn’t Like:
1) It would have been better if there are more images of Wong Li-Lin and her family engaging in the activities together. The few pictures in the book, excluded any family shots.
2) It might be interesting to include activities that can be taken outdoors, that are both mentally and physically, such as a trip to the zoo to learn about animals.
We give it 4/5 stars. The colorful illustrations and descriptions enticed us to try out the activities!