Save your cheat day calories for this rich chocolate and peanut butter frozen dessert.
Anything made with peanut butter and chocolate is worth the calories. This Frozen Peanut Butter Pie recipe taken from Food Network stars, The Neelys, will have you singing "Let it go" to your diet.
How to make Peanut Butter Pie
1 (9-inch) baked chocolate cookie pie crust (watch how to make an Oreo cookie crust)
For the Peanut Butter Pie:
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter, at room temperature
1 cup heavy whipping cream, plus whipped cream, for garnish, optional
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces shaved milk chocolate
Chopped peanuts, optional
For the Hot Fudge Sauce:
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon table salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar and the peanut butter until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until thick and light. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Pour the batter into the pie shell, sprinkle with the shaved milk chocolate and freeze for 4 hours.
- Serve with the hot fudge sauce, whipped cream, and chopped peanuts.
To make the Hot Fudge Sauce:
- Add the cream, brown sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla extract to a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chopped chocolate. Stir continuously until the chocolate is melted and the sauce has thickened, roughly 3 to 4 minutes.
- Let the sauce cool for 10 minutes before serving.
This article was first published on theAsianparent Philippines.