Mum made a huge mistake packing her daughter’s lunch

Mum made a huge mistake packing her daughter’s lunch

Although everyone walked away unscathed, this story gives us a glimpse of the many ways such incidents could easily go south.

It’s happened to every mum at one point or another. Sleep-deprived and sleep-laced, you get up in the morning, fix breakfast, prepare your children’s lunches, and send them off to school.

Such was the morning 17-year-old Mckenzie Strange’s mother found herself in when her attempt to do something nice for her daughter went awry.

She didn’t even realize it until Mckenzie texted her about it.

Mom Made a Huge Mistake Packing Lunch for her Daughter

Photo credit: McKenzie Strange

Her mistake? She accidentally packed her daughter an alcoholic drink mistaking it for tea.

“What’s the drink you packed for lunch?” she asked her mother. “Energy drink?”

“IDK,” her mum replied. “I think tea. Or energy. It was in the refrigerator downstairs.”

Mom Made a Huge Mistake Packing Lunch for her Daughter

Photo credit: McKenzie Strange

Because Mckenzie was only 17-years-old, being found in possession of alcohol is a huge mistake.

Thankfully, she found out about the mix up on her way to school, and made sure she got rid of it.

“I texted my mum about it and she couldn’t believe the mistake she made; she was half asleep when packing my lunch and thought it was a Peace Tea,” Mckenzie told Buzzfeed.

According to the report, the alcoholic energy drink belonged to her 23-year-old brother and was stored in a fridge the family rarely uses.

Mom Made a Huge Mistake Packing Lunch for her Daughter

Photo credit: McKenzie Strange

Since uploading her story on Twitter, McKenzie’s tweet has accrued 100,077 retweets and 232,912 likes.

Although everyone walked away unscathed, this story gives us a glimpse of the many ways such incidents could easily go south.

No one can really blame the mother for the honest mistake, because at that time of day, no one is really fully awake yet. But this gives parents another reason to be cautious, especially those with younger children.

Accidentally putting a food item in your children’s lunch that they shouldn’t eat could lead to a disaster.

If you have any insights, questions or comments regarding the topic, please share them with us!

Got a parenting concern? Read articles or ask away and get instant answers on our app. Download theAsianparent Community on iOS or Android now!

Written by

James Martinez

app info
get app banner