Fun family activities for the March school holidays 2015!
Check out our list of what to do with the kids during the March school holidays...
The upcoming school holidays are a great time to enjoy your kids’ company. But the reality is, they get bored when they are stuck at home all day.
Rather than getting stressed about how to keep your little ones occupied during this time, we’ve done the ground work for you and rounded up a list of fun activities taking place this March school holiday.
Check out the events below:
If you’ve got a little Kung-Fu Panda wannabe at home, this first ever martial arts camp in the country is just perfect to release all that energy that only seven to 12 year olds have.
Run by Singapore’s premier martial arts school, Trifecta Martial Arts, your kids will learn from some of the best martial arts instructors in the island.
- Dates: 16-20 March 2015
- Time: 10am-3.30pm
- Venue: Trifecta Martial Arts – Bukit Timah, 100 Turf Club Road, Horse City
- Cost: $75 per day; $200 for 3 days; $300 for 5 days. Includes lunch and a camp tee-shirt
For more information and to book a spot for your child, click here.
The whole family is sure to have an amazing time at Family Fun by the Gardens this March school holiday.
Organised by SAFRA, you will get to enjoy the beauty of thousands of tulips at Tulipmania 2015 in the Cloud Forest and Flower Dome.
This magical display will take you and your children on an adventure made up of fairy-tales, legends and nursery rhymes, all told in the language of plants!
You can then complete your fun day out with stage performances, exciting games, magic shows and more.
SAFRA members will also be pleased that the fees are more than 25% off the regular admission fees for them.
- Date: 21 March 2015 (Saturday)
- Time: 3pm-8pm
- Venue: Gardens by the Bay, 18 Marina Gardens Drive
- Cost: $35 (U.P. $52) for a family package of two adults and two children (SAFRA members only)
Click here for more information.
More fun activities on the next page…
If you have a budding horticulturalist keen to learn about the world of flora, look no further than the Singapore Botanic Gardens this March school holiday.
Your kids can roam around in the spectacular Orchid Garden for absolutely free. Not only can the whole family learn heaps about this beautiful flowering plants, but you will also get plenty of opportunities for stunning family photographs.
- Dates: 7-22 March 2015
- Time: 8.30am – 7pm
- Venue: National Orchid Garden, 1 Cluny Road
- Cost: Free for children 12 years and below and accompanying adults.
For more information, click here.
Does your whole family love dancing? Then bond over an amazing dance session with KpopX Fitness at Sengkang Dance Studio during the upcoming holidays.
With easy dance moves and a welcome policy for the young and the young at heart (ages four to 56), it is a great family activity.
- Date: 15 March 2015
- Time: 11am-12 noon
- Venue: Sengkang Dance Studio, 2 Sengkang Square
- Cost: $21.40 for a family of four
Keep reading on the next page…
Incredible floats, stilt-walkers, dancing, prancing dragons and lions and so much more – these are what the Chingay Parade is made of.
If you missed the main parade that was held earlier this year, then do try to catch all the action this time.
The largest street performance and float parade in Asia, Chingay Parade will work its way through Singapore’s heartlands during the March school holidays.
Marine Parade GRC, Mountbatten & Potong Pasir
- Start point: Serangoon Avenue 3
- End point: Bedok North Avenue 1
- Date: 14 March
- Time: 6.30pm-10.00pm
Bukit Panjang Town
- Start Point: Blk 140 – 141 Petir Road
- End Point: Blk 140 – 141 Petir Road (return to starting point)
- Date: 15 March 2015
- Time: 7pm-10.30pm
West Coast GRC and Pioneer
- Start Point: Blk 664C Jurong West Street 64
- End Point: Blk 78B, Telok Blangah Drive
- Date: 21 March 2015
- Time: 6pm-10.30pm
Nee Soon GRC
- Start Point: Hard court outside Blk 320 Sembawang Drive
- End Point: Multi-purpose court in front of Block 838, Yishun Street 81
- Date: 28 March 2015
- Time: 6.30pm-10pm
A perfect holiday activity for your own adorable little monsters, March Monster Mash will be held at Gardens by the Bay this March.
Kids will have a lot of fun with puppet shows, craft activities, monster installations, workshops, a movie screening and a monster parade that the whole family can join.
- Dates: 13-22 March 2015
For more information on the various Monster Mash events, click here.
Go to the next page for more information on fun holiday events…
There are plenty of great movies for kids that will be out in Golden Village cinemas in time for the school holidays.
- The Spongebob Movie: Starring the world’s favourite sea dwelling invertebrate, this movie is perfect for the whole family. Currently showing in Golden Village (GV) cinemas around Singapore.
- Disney’s Cinderella: Here’s one for the girls – the classic fairy-tale Cinderella hits the big-screen with its much-loved story on 12 March 2015, at GV cinemas.
- Barbie in Princess Power: Another one for the girls, Barbie stars as a princess who has a crime-fighting alter ego in this movie. Release date — 12 March 2015, at GV cinemas.
With a great line-up of well known tales transformed into theatrical performances, the upcoming March school holiday is the perfect time to introduce a little bit of culture in your little one’s life.
Here’s what to look forward to (click each link below for details and to purchase tickets):
- Aesop’s Fables
- Roald Dahl’s Little Red Riding Hood and The Three Little Pigs
- Sleeping Beauty
- Goldilocks and the Three Bears (in Mandarin)
Introduce your little ones to the remarkable history and culture of our little island with this National Museum of Singapore event.
You and your kids will get to watch actors bring Singapore’s 700 years of history to life in this dramatised performance with plenty of interaction.
- Dates: 15, 21, 22 March 2015
- Times: 11am & 2.30pm (15 March); 2.30pm (22,22 March)
- Venue: National Museum of Singapore, 93 Stamford Road
- Cost: $14 (click here to purchase tickets).
We hope we’ve given you some great ideas to plan out the March school holidays 2015 with your kids.
If there are other fun activities that are not listed in this article, please let us know by leaving a comment below.