A disclaimer before I begin: This isn’t a sponsored review of Lost My Name, but a personal recommendation because I think all little people around the world should own a book with himself or herself featured!
Imagine receiving a book about yourself or your child, literally living an adventure whilst hunting for your ‘forgotten’ name. Think of meeting a cute Aardvark, gifting you with A’ since it has one extra to spare or helping a mermaid un-knot her hair due to a ‘M’ hair-grip that she offers to you in return for helping her. Meet an Eskimo boy who isn’t happy living in his Inuit and gifts an ‘I’ before he flies off to Greece to look for sunshine and get a tan; or help the sobbing unicorn who doesn’t know what he is called, except that he is neither a donkey, a horse, a pony nor a mule. He then leaves you with a ‘U’-shaped horseshoe for letting him know that he is an unicorn. Besides having a humorous touch to the varied storylines, the graphics are beautiful and colourful, making each book an enjoyable read.
At the end of the name-hunting adventure, you’ve managed to find your name and is praised as a courageous little child!
There’s so much to love about these books. Since discovering it, I’ve ordered 14 of them as presents including keepsakes for my girls. The reactions are priceless, from both the parents and the children themselves, struck with awe, especially if you read the story from the start and finish the story to find out that your name is all spelt out on the last page. It’s suitable as a gift for a newborn (and the new parents), a little one who is just learning to read or as a Christmas or birthday present through the year!
There aren’t standard pages for each book, the number of pages and characters that you will come across depends on the child you are printing it for.
There are more features to love about Lost My Name. Find out on the next page!
More Lost My Name features:
- FREE shipping worldwide – I don’t know how they do it but this is the draw, shipping costs always puts me off because it makes my purchases more expensive.
- High level of personalisation – You have a chance to author a dedication page, it’s pre-written if you aren’t feeling too creative. Select from three hair colours to represent the child more accurately. After all, the site ships to 150 countries and in nine languages. Don’t like the ‘Unicorn’? You can swap it for a ‘UFO’ or decide if you want to introduce a ‘Giant’, ‘Gnu’ or a ‘Ghost’ (friendly one) to the recipient.
- Five minutes ordering process – All you need to do is enter the child’s name, select hair colour and gender, click ‘create book’, preview the book and checkout.
- Buy a second book or more and get at least 10% discount. Price starts at S$43.99 for the first book but you can get a direct 15% off if you order via this link.
- ‘Refer a friend’ program and get a new A-Z book – more wonderful characters and beautiful graphics.
There’s still time to make it for Christmas, using the ‘Express’ shipping option. Got your name list ready? Click here to customise away and start help the darlings out there ‘find’ their name!