LEGO Wants Your Child To Design Their Next Big Attraction!
Do you have a tiny architect on your hands? Word on the street is, LEGO is looking for the next little BIG thing!
What is it?
The LEGO Friends Designer contest is LEGO’s first-ever, global crowdsourcing challenge of its kind in celebration of the 5th anniversary of LEGO Friends.
Essentially, LEGO is on the hunt for their youngest and newest designer. On this worldwide search, LEGO is looking for a special someone to help design the latest hotspot in Heartlake City.
If your child’s design is crowned the winner, their design will be mass produced and retailed at all Toys R Us stores worldwide. Guess what, they’ll even throw in a personalised minidoll created in your child’s likeness. Don’t act like you don’t want your own LEGO figurine. We know you do!
How does one enter?
To enter, your child needs to be between the ages of 6 to 12 and have a creative streak! Additionally, all participants must obtain the consent of a parent or legal guardian and have a LEGO ID.
You can easily register for your own LEGO ID at: https://account2.lego.com/en-us/registration/register
To put it simply; using any LEGO bricks, elements, minidolls or minifigures, create and build the concept model of the next hotspot that will be in Heartlake City. Seems almost too good be to true, doesn’t it?
How does one submit?
Submission is as easy as 1, 2, 3 (4, 5). However, an adult will be needed to help the process along.
- Open LEGO Friends Facebook application available on LEGO.build/FriendsDesigner
- Upload 4 pictures of the concept model, showing it from four angles
- Tell us the title of the concept model
- Write a brief description of what inspired the child to create his/her model—no more than 100 characters
- Click the “Submit” button to complete the entry
Pssst, there’s no limit to the number of times you can enter. Meaning that your child is free to let their imagination run wild - as many times as they can! We bet you’re tempted to throw in an entry, too.
What can one win?
One Grand Prize Winner will receive the following:
- 1 week trip for her/his family to Billund, Denmark. The Grand Prize will cover airfare for a maximum of 2 children (including the Winner) and 2 adults,
10 Finalists winners will each receive:
- 1 of each of the LEGO Friends sets launched in the 2017 product assortment.
20 Semifinalists winner will each receive:
- 1 LEGO Friends set for themselves, and 1 LEGO Friends set for them to give to their best friend.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better...
Our friends at LEGO would like to give you, our readers, a little something special! Simply fill out the form below and you stand a chance to be one of our lucky winners.
You could walk away with either the LEGO Friends Stephanie's House set or the Heartlake Summer Pool set! The sets cost S$129.90 and S$99.90 respectively - so we'd say you're walking away with quite a steal.